    possibly by some delay metric?

    Thanks,
    Dave

    Dave, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Dave

    Frank Fegert Guest

    Hi,

    Dave wrote:
    > We have a VPN tunnel on an 831 connecting back to a Cisco router and I
    > was curios to know if anyone knows if it is possible to setup an
    > alternate peer site in the event of a failure with the primary site.
    > If so, would it be an automatic switch (no user intervention),
    > possibly by some delay metric?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    if you're using EzVPN have a look at this:
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...3/123newft/123t/123t_7/ftezvpnr.htm#wp1142402

    Regards,

    Frank

    Frank Fegert, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Dave

    Jim Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > We have a VPN tunnel on an 831 connecting back to a Cisco router and I
    > was curios to know if anyone knows if it is possible to setup an
    > alternate peer site in the event of a failure with the primary site.
    > If so, would it be an automatic switch (no user intervention),
    > possibly by some delay metric?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    You can have both tunnels active and use a routing protocol (such as EIGRP).
    Then, when one site goes down, it will automatically route to the other
    site.

    Jim

    Jim, Aug 6, 2004