802.1x VLAN Tagging

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dcpearso, Nov 26, 2008.

  1. dcpearso

    dcpearso

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    All,

    I would like to know if it is possible to setup 802.1x on a cisco switch where there is always an open connection for tagged traffic....

    So the scenario is that we have a VoIP telephone system that is getting its power to handsets through the switch. When the phones boot up they become authenticated on our default data lan through my current 802.1x settings. The phone will then receive DHCP options which tells the phone to reboot and go into VLAN 2 (Our voice VLAN).

    The issue i have is that when the port is authenticated it is only in vlan mode access which means that only vlan 1 is allowed through it.

    I need for that port on the switch to accept 802.1q tagged frames (VLAN TAGGING).

    Hope this helps. We are using the latest IOS on the latest cisco switches and have Microsoft IAS.

    Thanks in advance.

    dcpearso, Nov 26, 2008