    WMP: 10.00.00.3802
    PowerDVD6 Deluxe
    ---> WLAN 802.11a --> XBOX 360

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006

  2. go wired. range extenders/repeaters are not the answer.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    :-( Sometimes it's hard to hear the truth - especially when it involves two
    floors... Thanks for taking the time Barb.

    --
    Best regards,

    Nikolaj Johansen
    Windows XP MCE 2005 SP2
    WMP: 10.00.00.3802
    PowerDVD6 Deluxe
    ---> WLAN 802.11a --> XBOX 360

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Perhaps OT (non-wireless), but will start on this right away.
    If I want to prepare the wired network for 1Gbps, I need a switch that
    supports this, and well as the clients.
    What about cables and connectors, are these special for 1Gbps?
    --
    Best regards,

    Nikolaj Johansen
    Windows XP MCE 2005 SP2
    WMP: 10.00.00.3802
    PowerDVD6 Deluxe
    ---> WLAN 802.11a --> XBOX 360

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006
  5. I've been using D-Link's 8 port gigE switch with a D-Link DGL 4300
    gigE gaming router. The Xbox 360 is 100 mb capable, not gigE as far as
    I know.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Unfortunately, my ISP won't let me change the provided (ZyXEL Prestige 660R)
    router to a router I choose myself, as they use their own firmware and
    settings.

    What is the difference between a gaming and a normal router?

    --
    Best regards,

    Nikolaj Johansen
    Windows XP MCE 2005 SP2
    WMP: 10.00.00.3802
    PowerDVD6 Deluxe
    ---> WLAN 802.11a --> XBOX 360

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006
  7. Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Feb 22, 2006