    console port, but fast step won't 'see' it either way. Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Peter

    ph12, Oct 31, 2003

  2. :I picked up a 801 router that I am trying to configure using Fast step
    :software. I can telnet on to the router and I can talk to it using the
    :console port, but fast step won't 'see' it either way. Any suggestions?

    Cabling problem, perhaps?

    Is this a used 801? If so then perhaps the configuration needs to
    be reset to the default before Fast Step can talk to it. Fast Step
    might make assumptions about what the IP address is, for example.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 31, 2003