75-300: Canon EF-S III USM or Tamron LD Macro?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Andrea, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Hello!

    Please help me making a choice:

    What should I buy for my EOS 300D?

    A) Canon EF-S 75-300 III USM

    or

    2) Tamron AF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 LD Macro Autofocus

    ?

    Pro/Cons?

    Moreover, I'd like to add either an EF-12 or an EF-25,
    what difference is there between the two? Maybe they are
    discountinued, since I cannot find their specifications.

    Thanks a lot!!
    Andrea

    Andrea, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Don't know either of them. However, it may help if you tell us what you
    intend to do with it - what is your main aim/area of interest.
    They are still current. I bought a 25mm tube last month; it is
    designated "Canon Extension Tube EF25 II", suggesting a slightly
    different version. The 12mm tube I bought last year is marked "Canon
    Extension Tube EF12", suggesting the change is recent.

    David

    David Littlewood, Sep 3, 2004

  3. Andrea

    Robertwgross Guest

    Well, I guess you know that neither is a lens.

    One is a 12mm extension tube, and one is a 25mm extension tube. Either one gets
    used between your normal EF lens and the camera body. In general, the lens will
    no longer be able to focus at infinity, but it will be able to focus a lot
    closer than before. An extension tube is great for insect or flower closeups.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Sep 3, 2004