7401 and policy-map

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dean, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Dean

    Dean Guest

    I am using 7401 in some testing as bras. As access interface, gigabit
    ethernet is used with 3550 connected to it.
    PPPoE sessions are created on the subinterfaces via virtual-templates.
    I would like to limit the available bandwidth on the gigabit ethernet
    subinterface by using policy-maps and attaching them as service-policy
    to desired interface.
    After attaching the policy map to the interface, I see the policy-map
    being hit (the counters and the bps are incrementing), but the when
    the bandwidth limit is being reached, the policer is not droping
    packets.
    When I read documentation on CCO, I see that the 7200/7400 routers are
    sharing lot of documentation (aparently it is the same hw), but in the
    document that is describing two-rate policer, only 7200 is listed.
    Does this mean that policer is not supported on 7400 or there is a bug
    in the IOS code?
    I have tried 12.2.4 and 12.3.7 versions of IOS

    TIA

    Dean

    Dean, Apr 14, 2004