    Microsoft exams however I cannot find one for this exam, has anybody used any
    they can recommend for this exam?

    Regards

    Greg Du-feu, Jan 3, 2009

  2. Greg Du-feu

    Duffman Guest

    I have to do this exam before the end of the month and haven't found any
    study material either. Currently I'm browsing through the technet pages to
    find as much information as possible and running SBS 2008 in a virtual
    environment.

    regards,

    Duffman, Jan 7, 2009

  3. Greg Du-feu

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    I took that exam in beta... it is a much better SBS exam than any of its
    predecessors. You will have to use the product, read the blog articles
    (sbsfaq.com is a great resource) and wait until Charlie's book comes out...
    the SBS 2008 Administrator's Companion should be out by now, but it is a
    guide to work with the product and not to pass the exam.

    Good luck... It's not too tough, as long as you know what you are doing :)

    Montreal_MCT, Jan 9, 2009
  4. There were *no* predecessors! :)

    There was an exam (70-282), but it's scope was somewhat broader than just
    Small Business Server, and the coverage of SBS in the exam barely scratched
    the surface of what would be expected for a product certification. The
    70-282 was an expertise certification (SMB Networking), with the presumption
    that SBS2003 was/would be deployed in such a scenario.

    To my knowledge, there have never been exams on previous versions of SBS.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 9, 2009
  5. Greg Du-feu

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    I stand corrected Lawrence... as I was until lately a Small Business Server
    MVP (switched this week to Essential Business Server MVP) and a Subject
    Matter Expert on both exams at one point or another, never mind being
    recognized around the world as a leading expert on Essential Server
    Solutions (SBS & EBS), I felt it adequate to refer to 70-282 as a
    predecessor without going into the details.

    I could easily describe my anger at that exam when I first took (and
    passed) it, then my disappointment with every attempt by Microsoft Learning
    to make it better, only to fall short every time.

    I could go into details of discussions and hearsay of what should or should
    not be (and what is and is not) in that exam, or my disgust at the
    debasement it brought to the MCP certification.

    I could have mentioned the futility I felt fighting against the current of
    those who felt the purpose of that exam was to qualify Registered Partners
    for the SBSC program and was more important for small business IT
    generalists to pass than actual IT Professionals, or my slight amusement
    when I found out that the bare-minimally qualified candidate could pass it,
    but MCSEs who did not like to use the wizards were failing it.

    Instead I thought I would just refer to the family of exams that were at one
    point or another given the number 70-282 as predecessors to 70-652.

    I hope you don't mind ;)

    Montreal_MCT, Jan 9, 2009
  6. <exceptionally valid rant against 70-282 deleted>

    I feel your pain, on all of the points mentioned.
    Not at all.

    The point of my post was to rant against the useless thing, myself.

    Perhaps my rant was a bit too subtle? :)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 9, 2009
  7. Greg Du-feu

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    Hehe... as I explained off-list I had an interesting meeting this morning :)

    Montreal_MCT, Jan 9, 2009
  8. Greg Du-feu

    Garth Guest

    Do tell.. I haven't hear this story yet.

    and when at you going to change your title to MCT_in_TO? <Evil Grin>

    Garth, Jan 9, 2009
  9. Greg Du-feu

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    Garth, let's have that conversation off-line... and I have been Montreal_MCT
    since the day I became a Microsoft Certified Trainer, and for three years
    prior to that I was Montreal_MCSA. I am not changing it again anytime soon.

    Montreal_MCT, Jan 10, 2009
  10. Greg Du-feu

    BobY Guest

    I took the test last week, missed it by 2 questions. There are really no
    books or study guides available, if you are an MCT you can download course
    6445 which will help you prepare. Otherwise go to www.msmbnation.com, they
    have a book that you can purchase.

    BobY, Mar 10, 2009