70-649 to 70-646 ??

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Old Rookie, Jun 25, 2009.

  1. Old Rookie

    Old Rookie Guest

    I just passed my 70-649 exam with no problem on first try. I used the
    Microsoft Press 70-640/70-642/70-646 MCITP Training Kit for Windows 2008
    Server Administrator, the Microsoft Press 70-648/649 Training Kit, Microsoft
    white papers and step by step guides, and quite a bit hands on with Windows
    2008 Server in home lab and at work.

    To any that have taken 70-649 and then 70-646 what did you find that you had
    to study up and practice on that you did not already learn from preparing
    for the 70-649?? As far as I can tell there can not be much left other than
    70-646 is supposed to cover file/print services, Group Policy, DNS, and AD
    trusts in more depth [which I am very confortable with]. When I used the
    Microsoft 70-648/649 Training Kit I just studyed the whole thing in depth
    not trying to skip over the 70-648 stuff and I think that was a good idea
    for me. I spent so much time on Certificate Services and AD Federation
    Services and then get like 2 easy basic questions combined for those topics
    though I don't regret the time I spend learning them - particualry
    Certificate Services. I have not gone through my MP 70-646 book in depth yet
    but am working on it now as I want to take the 70-646 soon while all the
    other stuff is still fresh in my brain. I did download the Transcender 10
    question demo exam for 70-646 and scored 9 out 10 on that.

    Any tips, experiences, or advice is appreciated.

    Steve

    Old Rookie, Jun 25, 2009

  2. Old Rookie

    mnappi0606

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am wondering the same thing!

    Did you ever get an answer to this question? I already passed the 70-649 exam. I am wondering if its worth buying a 70-646 prep guide or not!!

    Did you take the test yet? What did you think?

    mnappi0606, Feb 18, 2010

  3. Old Rookie

    Winks Guest

    Hi steve

    can you assist me in finding the books as I would like to start preparing
    for the 70-649 exam as well .

    Winks, Feb 23, 2010