70-643 and 646 question

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by David, Jan 25, 2010.

  1. David

    David Guest

    From Microsoft website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcitp.aspx#tab2

    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    Exam 70-640
    Exam 70-642
    Exam 70-643

    plus either

    Exam 70-620
    or
    Exam 70-6241
    or
    Exam 70-680
    and
    Exam 70-647

    MCITP: Server Administrator
    Exam 70-640
    Exam 70-642
    Exam 70-646

    I have a boxed book set with 70-640,642 and ***646*** but it seems
    according to Microsoft to become Enterprise admin, you need 643. Am I
    wasting
    my time taking 646.

    TIA.....

    David, Jan 25, 2010

  2. Your Traning Kit is for MCITP Server Administrator not MCITP Enterprise
    Administrator:
    MCITP:SA 640,642,646
    MCITP:EA 640,642,643,680,647

    680 can be replaced with some other Client System Certs on the MCITP:EA
    Track.
    When you are currently preparing for 646 you'll be a MCITP:SA when you pass,
    not a EA.
    When you are already prepared, just take the exam....

    hth
    Gregor Stefka

    Gregor Stefka, Jan 27, 2010