    Yes, Microsoft always knows how to get to your wallet.

    By the way, they suggest either MeasureUp or SelfTestSoftware.com - which is
    the better site for testing software?

    Jo, Sep 25, 2009

  2. No testing software provides simulations.

    With all respect that may be due.... the test did what it was designed to
    do.

    It separates the people who just study the book from those who actually
    *know* the product.
    No.. I'd suggest you install and *USE* the product for three months, and
    then you won't need help with the demos, you'll actually *know* how to
    perform the procedures. Note: Installing a trial copy of Vista Ultimate for
    120 days is exponentially cheaper than buying any eLearning. If you're
    prepared to pay money then you should purchase, install, and use the
    product. For starters, working through the exercises in the MSPress book
    would be a good start -- rather than just reading them.

    Testing software WILL NOT HELP. None of the testing sofware provides
    simulations. The only way to practice for simulation testing is to install
    and use the software -- which is exactly why the simulations are included in
    the exam.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Sep 27, 2009

  3. Jo

    Jo Guest

    With all due respect here, I did install the product and have an active
    laptop that I have used for over a YEAR. Having a reading comprehension
    problem, I am truly amazed as to what I did comprehend out of all of
    this....I read, practiced and still failed...so do a lot of others who read,
    practiced and "used the product".

    If you state "testing software won't help" - what the heck is the Press Book
    - but testing software?! And YES, it didn't help either in getting through
    the test.

    The problem with the test is that the simulation questions are so VAGUE that
    a lot of people probably can't make heads or tails out of what they are
    supposed to do. UAC - I knew where to go, but to answer the question, you
    had to sit and pull the question apart...read it over and over before any
    sense was made of it.

    Yes, Microsoft, you need to be "specific" when you give a simulation
    question, otherwise, more and more people will continue to fail even though
    they read, practiced and USED THE PRODUCT.

    Jo, Sep 28, 2009
  4. Jo

    Jo Guest

    Jo, Sep 28, 2009
  5. Jo

    Andrew B Guest

    I have to say in response to this, yes there are loads of simulations and
    they are a complete surprise. I was not happy at all. I studied with the
    press book also.

    In their defense though, the practice tests should have helped you with the
    simulations. The fact is when I study for my next exam I will do more of the
    practice tests before the exam as there were quite a lot of simulations.

    Having never seen a simulation though and studying with the press book I
    passed with a score of 900/1000. It took me 6 weeks of study in total.

    Andrew B, Oct 2, 2009
  6. Jo

    Jo Guest

    I was getting 90's on my practice tests on the Press Book - so I had some
    understanding of what was going on. I won't give up though - back to the
    Press Book, the Sybex book and now CBT Nuggets. I'm someone who is visual.
    Draw me a picture and I can relate. Reading the Press Book was like eating
    nails....then only to suffer a whack by failing the test.

    I'm ready to go back into the ring....review, retake, rejoice!

    Jo, Oct 26, 2009
  7. Jo

    OhMan Guest

    Correction. If you check the web there are CBT Nuggets, Sybex and some videos
    on you tube. Using the product helps, but the book copywrite is 2007 and at
    the time the test did not have simulations. For the money they should have a
    revised disk or links to Microsoft Learning Sims to make up for the
    inadequate testing software. Which by the way if you check the errata, the
    book and the testing software have around 40 mistakes. They should offer
    these sims at no charge. Train Signal also has all the sims you would need,
    but they cost.

    OhMan, Dec 23, 2009
  8. Jo

    OhMan Guest

    I totally agree. They must have these tests built in a non english country or
    they dont proof the product. Many things are wrong with the whole cert
    process when you go to classes at supposed MS Partners. For 8000.00 you would
    think they would hand out sim software. My school did not even measure
    progress with pop quizzes or tests. MS needs to police these borderline
    crooks. When have you ever heard of these facilities being inspected. You
    need to download MS Virtual Machine 2007 for free and install evaluation
    copies of Vista and "legally" extend the product for 120 days using slmgr
    -rearm command. Note: How did you like the remote assist sim that the only
    place you could launch RA was in the help menu?

    OhMan, Dec 23, 2009