    additional study material?

    thanks,

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Nov 5, 2008

  2. Steve Davis

    Jo Guest

    Jo, Nov 5, 2008

  3. Personally, I wouldn't recommend any Inside/Out book for preparation for
    something as fundamental as the 70-620; however I would recommend the book
    for persons who are actively engaged in real-world support of Vista
    enterprise systems, and as an adjunct resource for preparation for the
    70-621 or 70-622.

    As would I recommend any of the Inside/Out books for any person actively
    engaged in using/supporting a product covered by that book. Along with the
    Inside/Out books, I'd also add the "Resource Kits" to the recommended
    reading list for persons engaged in real-world use/support of the associated
    product.

    My personal take is that the MSPress 70-620 book is more than sufficient
    preparation for the MCTS 70-620 exam, provided that the application has
    actually set-up and *USED DAILY* a real-life installation of Windows Vista
    for at least six months.

    My concern in the above statement is that Mr. Davis states that he has "read
    through..." the book and is "...skimming [again]..", neither of which will
    be sufficient to pass this examination. Might I suggest, Steve, that you put
    the practice tests down, and Do The Exercises, in each and every chapter.
    And then, having *completed* the book, rather than merely "read through" the
    book, you'll be much better prepared for the practice exams, which will also
    give you a much better indication of your level of preparation for the
    actual certification exam.

    Frankly, if you feel, at this point, that you need "additional study
    material", it's likely because you have not sufficiently applied the study
    materials already in-hand.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 5, 2008
  4. This is not an actual study guide, but its very through. I used it as my
    only piece of written study material for the 70-620 exam.

    Harvey Colwell, Nov 5, 2008
  5. Steve Davis

    Steve Davis Guest

    Sorry, I guess my previous post incorrectly described my situation. By
    "reading through" the book, this includes reading the material, doing all
    the practices, reviewing the lesson then taking the quizzes at the end of
    each chapter. By "skimming' i'm reading the reviews at the end of each
    lesson and taking the quizzes. The practices in the book are all second
    nature to me. I'm sure I'll pass the test easily as I have a year and a half
    experience in Vista and I constantly am testing out its capabilites.
    I have an entire week before my test and I was just looking for something
    additional to study until then, maybe a Microsoft paper or something.

    Steve Davis, Nov 6, 2008
  6. Hi Steve,

    I sat the test today (and passed) and can recomend the MS press book. It
    will certainly help your exam prep.

    I also had 8 simulations on my test. I didn't do any simulation prep, but
    most simulations were straight forward if you use Vista everyday.

    Stephan Jusypiw, Nov 6, 2008
  7. Gotcha! :)
    Then I'd say you're good to go. Quit preparing - go take the exam! :)
    Nope.. I wouldn't cloud the information base at this point with 'external'
    information.

    Part of the problem with using materials not specifically designed for
    certification exams, is that the exams test the "Microsoft way", but quite
    often, even MSPress books, authors writing outside the scope of exam
    preparation will talk about reality, rather than theory. I've seen many a
    times where reality has gotten in the way of a passing score on an exam
    because the candidate missed the scope of the exam (i.e. the "Microsoft way"
    vs the "better-real-world-way").

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 6, 2008
  8. Steve Davis

    HawleyBeach Guest

    I need to take time off to take the exam. Can someone advice how many hours
    it take to finish the questions?

    HawleyBeach, Nov 7, 2008
  9. Steve Davis

    Steve Davis Guest

    Last time I took a Microsoft exam I was given 4 hours I think, but I
    completed the test in about 45 minutes or so. So it just depends on how well
    you know the material. No more than 4 hours though.

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Nov 7, 2008