70-554 Exam Marking Criteria

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Chamith, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Chamith

    Chamith Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    This morning I happened to sit for the 70-554 exam and got through it with
    just 700 marks.
    However with the detailed result sheet, i got confused since it was not of
    the type that i ever have expected it to be.
    It looks like the following

    SECTIONAL RESULTS:

    70-529: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Distributed Application
    Development

    70-549: PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the
    Microsoft .NET Framework

    According to the progress-bar values, the marks i've scored for 529 is close
    to 820 and for 549 it's 700.
    From what i understand with this is, the exam is broken into two parts and
    the candidate is assessed by the minimum score he/she gets.

    Any thoughts on this?

    Chamith

    Chamith, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Chamith

    CT Guest

    First of all, congrats. :)

    Now, it's been a while, but I would assume that if the two individual exams
    make up for 50% of the total, the score from the two exams would be added up
    and then divided by two. If that isn't case, I do know that for some
    courses, 700 is a passing score.

    CT, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Chamith

    Guest Guest

    I don't think that there is any deterministic relationship between those
    scores. They are just an indicator of what areas need more improvement, and
    that is what you need to focus on.

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006