    70-553 exam have questions in VB.Net and C++ or can you choose when taking
    the exam that you are only interested in C#?

    Thanks,

    Buddy Home, Sep 13, 2006

  2. Sept. 13, 2006

    You get to choose which language you want... so you can have only C# if you
    wish. (you specify this as you sit down & begin the test - no need to
    mention it during registration)

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 13, 2006

  3. Buddy Home

    Buddy Home Guest

    Thank you,

    Buddy Home, Sep 13, 2006
  4. Unlike the older MSCD exams, which have one exam for C# and one for VB, all
    of the new exams ask "What language do you want: VB.Net or C#?".

    I like the new approach much better than the old...

    Chris Mullins, Sep 15, 2006
  5. Buddy Home

    Cerebrus Guest

    Why so, Chris ? I can't think of any apparent advantages for us. The MS
    people, though, probably have less work this way.

    Cerebrus, Sep 15, 2006
  6. I always disliked having different exams for the same material. The two
    languages are really the same, and it's all about knowing and understanding
    the .Net Framework, and sunnounding technologies. In terms of content, C# or
    VB.Net is irrelevant to:

    - Application Architectures
    - Remoting & Web Services
    - Code Access Security
    - WinForms & Web Development
    - Enterprise Services component
    - many other things.

    I would love to see a pure C# or VB.Net exam, so that I could say, "Yes, I
    have a Master's Rating in C# & VB". These exams would test language
    knowledge, and not the higher level .Net abstractions.

    Chris Mullins, Sep 15, 2006
  7. Buddy Home

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hmmm... Thanks for the reply.