    MeasureUp level or more on the MS Press Prep Kit level?

    Thanks,
    Martin

    Martin Eckart, Oct 18, 2006

  2. Martin Eckart

    Guest Guest

    Hi,
    Base your study round the "Skills being measured" on

    Don't rely solely on the training kit, it isn’t guaranteed to cover all the
    things you might be tested on.

    re: measure up tests.
    Personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable sitting the exam if i was getting
    much less than 100% on those.

    Also keep in mind that continually doing the same practice tests over and
    over, you can fall into the trap of just remembering the answer without
    really knowing the reason.

    good luck with it.

    Guest, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Martin Eckart

    Guest Guest

    Hi Martin,

    My experience is, that the examination questions are very likely the set you
    get from MeasureUp. At the end I went through all the MeasureUp questions in
    custom mode with instant feedback, read the explanations and used MSDN
    resources to fully grasp the subject, and that also for those questtions I
    answered correct. I belive that this strategy was the one that made me pass
    the exam :)

    Good luck
    Lars Paul

    Guest, Oct 23, 2006
  4. Martin Eckart

    brett Guest

    brett, Oct 24, 2006
  5. This is exactly the type of information I was searching for, Brett,
    EXCELLENT!
    Just registered for upcoming Tuesday...

    Thanks,
    Martin

    Martin Eckart, Oct 25, 2006
  6. Martin Eckart

    brett Guest

    Thanks Martin. I'm glad you found it useful. Here's some details on a
    study strategy:
    http://www.cygen.com/blog/index.php/2006/10/25/study-strategy/. It
    should be helpful for all MCPD and MCITP related exams.

    Brett

    brett, Oct 26, 2006
  7. Martin Eckart

    Guest Guest

    I have a question for experienced persons like Martin:
    Is it better to take 70-536 first or 70-526 ?
    Thank you for your answers,
    Bob

    Guest, Oct 30, 2006
  8. Today I have passed the test, getting 700 :)

    To be honest: Without your answers about getting more deeply into it
    especially with MeasureUp usage I am pretty sure I would not have made it.
    It was more challenging than I thought it would be...

    Thanks,
    Martin

    Martin Eckart, Oct 31, 2006
  9. Thanks for calling me "experienced", wouldn't do so yet, but anyway...

    To answer your question: 70-536 is definitely the first exam to target if
    you want to get MCTS, MCPD, ... since it is the Foundational Exam. Not only
    it is the one you need for all other certificates to be complete (Web,
    Windows, Distributed, ...) but it also introduces the foundation of
    everything, the .NET Framework to you. I recommend taking 70-536 as first
    step, and then move on to the path you chose for yourself. I have chosen Web
    application and as soon as the Exam Prep Kit is officially launched I will
    start working on that.

    Cheers,
    Martin

    Martin Eckart, Oct 31, 2006