  1. Sean

    Sean Guest

    What is the latest on when this exam will be retired?

    Sean, May 16, 2008

  2. If you don't see it posted on the MCP site... it’s not scheduled for
    retirement...

    <checking>....

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 17, 2008

  3. Sean

    gravz84 Guest

    not so soon I guess 2016 is when .net 2 will be retired..looking
    forward to it already eh?
    lol
    The new orcas (3.5 stream) will have no effect on the old .net 2
    framework exams, just that you will be certified for .net 2 if you
    take 70-528. So if you complete 536 and 528 you'll be mcts .net web
    application .net 2.0.
    But 528 won't help you for the MCPD track which has different
    requirements now.-http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/vstudio/
    2008/default.mspx

    http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=8291&x=7&y=13

    gravz84, May 17, 2008
  4. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Thanks Lawrence. I didn't know about the exam retirement page.

    Sean, May 19, 2008
  5. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Thanks a lot. We're going to be using 2.0 for the time being so I wanted to
    make sure the cert would be valid for a while. Thanks for the links also.

    -Sean

    Sean, May 19, 2008