    Testking and MS press ebook versions for the 70-315 exam. I could
    exchange these with someone for the Kalani ebook.

    Thanks!!

    ProbKid, Dec 11, 2003

  2. ProbKid

    Lorne Smith Guest

    I believe Amazon sell it as a good price... Why not buy it instead of asking
    others to break the law for you?

    Lorne Smith, Dec 11, 2003

  3. ProbKid

    Paul Robson Guest

    I've just bought it, it was about £25 which isn't bad for 1,000 pages -
    which look pretty good on what I've read so far - lots of examples &
    lots of excercises and pretty detailed.

    Obviously just a first look but if it stands up I'll be buying some more
    of his books.

    To be honest it's much harder to read an ebook than it is a paper one.
    Even if you do pirate the ebook for convenience I'd buy it.

    Paul Robson, Dec 11, 2003
  4. ProbKid

    prabha Guest

    I had a copy of the ebook (o course pirated) and found it to be really good.
    Later, I bought the printed copy ($53), its a different learning experience,
    I suggest you u better get one.

    prabha, Dec 12, 2003
  5. ProbKid

    vivek Guest

    I guess he doesnt want to buy the book ....that is the reason he is asking
    for it.

    Dont you think all those noble thoughts ( like the ones that you have )
    entered his mind ?????

    vivek, Dec 12, 2003
  6. ProbKid

    Lorne Smith Guest

    I doubt it...

    Lorne Smith, Dec 12, 2003
  7. ProbKid

    ProbKid Guest

    Thanks for your feedback Paul. I purchased the book yesterday after
    reading some more reviews on the book!!

    ProbKid, Dec 12, 2003
  8. ProbKid

    Guest Guest

    Ready many posts here, why are you so negative Lorne
    Smith, are you always this rude to everyone or are you
    having a bad day?

    Guest, Dec 13, 2003
  9. ProbKid

    Lorne Smith Guest

    In what way am I rude? If someone is asking others to send them a copy of a
    commercial product, is that not asking them to break the law and commit
    theft?

    If you ask me, the only people being rude are the ones asking others to
    break the law...

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Dec 15, 2003
  10. ProbKid

    Guest Guest

    Not just this post but many other posts. When someone asks
    for help you just knock them down with negative responses.

    Guest, Dec 15, 2003
  11. ProbKid

    .merlin Guest

    Not just this post but many other posts. When someone asks
    Simply because many newsgroups users tend to have some vicious
    ability and pleasure to show other people that they know something
    (which could also be a way to achieve some remaining frustration from
    real life)

    ..merlin

    .merlin, Dec 15, 2003
  12. ProbKid

    Lorne Smith Guest

    No, if someone is asking others to break the law, then yes I tell em off.
    Same as when people recommend dumpsites...
    If it's someone asking for help, then I help...

    Lorne Smith, Dec 15, 2003
  13. Just to let you know, it isn't theft. It is copyright infringement. While
    both illegal, they are two very different things.

    Charles Collins, Dec 15, 2003
  14. ProbKid

    kumar Guest

    Guys, stop picking on Lorne, she was nice enuff to help
    couple of ppl in the previous posts, she is just
    suggesting the original poster that getting a product in
    a legitimate way is better than asking some one to
    exchange and thus asking them to break a law. I know for
    some of us its no big deal to exchange e-books or some
    material, coz we are always tight on our budget, but some
    people do take those kind of things serious in their
    stride, so lets respect their views too..

    Atleast she is not whining about the colloquial
    differences between "write" and "take" like some crazy
    pricks here...

    kumar, Dec 15, 2003
  15. ProbKid

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Ahem... Thanks for the support Kumar... but I'm not too sure my wife would
    agree that I was a she! ;-)

    Lorne Smith, Dec 16, 2003
  16. ProbKid

    Lorne Smith Guest

    No, it's taking a commercial product without paying for it, which is theft
    pure and simple... Copyright infringment is a whole different kettle of
    fish...

    If someone took the book from the shelf in a bookstore and walked out
    without paying, is that theft or copyright infringment? Even though this
    particular media may be digital in nature, it's still the same product!

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Dec 16, 2003
  17. You need to reread your shithouse law books.

    It is not the same thing. If it were, all these people getting prosecuted
    under the DMA would also be facing Grand Theft Larceny charges. They aren't
    because it can't be prosecuted under theft laws. If it were as simple as
    theft, there would have been no need for the DMA.

    Your example involves taking of physical property, which is a major
    requirement in theft laws. What physical property is taken when someone
    uses digital works without permission?

    I am not saying that it isn't illegal or morally wrong, I just want you to
    have your facts right. I agree that most of the people on this group seem a
    little stupid, but there is a saying, "If you are going to throw shit, try
    not to get any on yourself."

    Charles

    Charles Collins, Dec 16, 2003
  18. ProbKid

    kumar Guest

    lol. sorry, I thought Lorne is a gal's name.

    kumar, Dec 16, 2003
  19. ProbKid

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Nah, That's Lorna... Lorne is an ancient scottish name and means Warrior :)
    Lorna was created for the book Lorna Doone and had no existence before then,
    therefore it doesn't mean anything ;-)

    lol. sorry, I thought Lorne is a gal's name.

    Lorne Smith, Dec 17, 2003