    Is this correct?

    Thanks,
    Finn

    Finn J Johnsen, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Finn J Johnsen

    Wei Guest

    Yes. I got MCAD by using this combination.
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.as
    p) about 1

    Wei, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Finn J Johnsen

    GrannySmith Guest

    So why does the microsoft page say this combination does not qualify as MCAD
    if it does?
    How do you know for sure that 70-315, 70-316 and 70-320 = MCAD

    thanks,

    GrannySmith, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Finn J Johnsen

    Vektor Guest

    You should read those requirements more carefully. In specific combination:
    70-315 is for example core exam (the first section)
    70-310 is core exam (the second section)
    70-316 is used as elective exam even it is on the list as core exam also
    (the third section)

    Vektor, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Finn J Johnsen

    zzz Guest

    Look at the microsoft MCAD requirements website carefuly.
    It says under the elective exams section that you can do
    it.

    zzz, Nov 18, 2004
  6. Finn J Johnsen

    UAError Guest

    ??? Remember this? (Over two weeks ago)

    And now lets repeat the pertinent part:

    The only thing I didn't mention was that in fact
    (70-316/70-320/70-315) got me an MCAD - I just didn't think
    it was necessary to mention it.

    You better start reading everything word for word, otherwise
    those exam questions are going to have you for lunch.

    The page does tell you! Carefully read ALL of the
    information, i.e.:

    "If you use Exam 70-305 or 70-315 to satisfy the core exam
    requirement, you may use either Exam 70-306 or 70-316 as an
    elective.

    If you use Exam 70-306 or 70-316 to satisfy the core exam
    requirement, you may use either Exam 70-305 or 70-315 as an
    elective."

    Can't be any clearer than that.

    UAError, Nov 19, 2004
  7. hi
    ah, I got the impression you suggested one extra exam to back up your
    abilities to take 70-340. Or maybe it was some path to MCSD even. (which
    I've not looked at, at all)
    ouch ;)
    I guess my mind locked up on the topic of the requirement -page at
    microsoft:

    How to Earn Your MCAD
    Core Exams (2 Exams Required)
    [...]

    Elective Exams (1 Exams Required)
    [...]
    Maybe ;)

    Well, thank you for clearing this stuff up for me. I've now got my recipe...

    Finn

    Finn J Johnsen, Nov 19, 2004
  8. Finn J Johnsen

    UAError Guest

    Well, in general it may still be a good idea to look ahead -
    MCAD requires 3 exams, MCSD.NET requires 5 exams; so once
    you're MCAD you are more that halfway there. Many
    individuals use the

    70-3(05|15|06|16) / 70-3(10|20) / 70-229 route for the MCAD
    leaving them with two core exams for the MCSD.NET

    if you take
    70-3(06|16) / 70-3(10|20) / 70-3(05|15) you still have 2
    exams left for the MCSD.NET but thats one core (70-300) and
    one elective exam. You don't have to choose (70-229) as an
    elective and while the first three exams are still fresh in
    your mind expand on the .NET security you know about and get
    the MSCD.NET elective over with by taking (70-3(30|40)).
    (I'll append a repost regarding my comments on preparation
    for 70-340 at the end).

    Then you can take a breather and get some real experience
    and also familiarize yourself with the purpose of Enterprise
    Server products like BizTalk, Exchange, Host Intergration
    Server, and Commerce Server.

    I should note though that by taking 70-340 over 70-229 you
    are going to make 70-300 a bit harder for yourself as it
    assumes that you are familiar with SQL Server features to a
    more detailed level than with the remaining Enterprise
    Server products.

    But when you are finally ready you only have one exam left
    to obtain the MSCD.NET.
    Well You have been warned :)
    Good Luck

    Repost of [Re: MCAD thinking of taking on 70-340] from
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd

    UAError, Nov 19, 2004
  9. Finn J Johnsen

    Guest Guest

    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.a
    sp) about 1
    You're not reading the 'requirements' correctly. You
    must do 2 core + 1 elective. You can use another core as
    an elective. Mike

    Guest, Nov 21, 2004