    Does anyone know ?
    Thanks
    -Sam

    Sam, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Sam

    Neel Guest

    Sam,

    Yes it IS the right combination. See it yourself on the
    following web-site (microsoft's MCP web-site)

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.as

    Look at the VERY BOTTOM section of the Elective Exams
    which explains that youc an either go for

    70-305, 70-306 and 70-310 (VB.Net Based)
    OR
    70-315, 70-316, and 70-320 (C# Based.)

    Hope this helps.

    Neel. =:)

    Neel, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Hi,
    Its not the right combination for MCAD.

    Pls check the microsoft site again.

    you need not take 315 and 316.

    For MCAD its 2 core papers and 1 elective.

    So pls check again

    Kavitha Shalini, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Sam

    Yahoo496 Guest

    Yes Kaviti you are right when you say "Pls check the microsoft site again.".
    So check it and after that answer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp

    Yes Sam the combination is right: 70-315, 70-316, 70-320 give you a MCAD.

    Yahoo496, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Sam

    VirtualTwo Guest

    Sam

    315, 316, 320 are correct choices for MCAD if you are using 315 as a core then you can use 316 as an elective 320 will be your required exam.

    I completed 305, 306, and 310 for my MCAD the only difference in my selection than yours is the language that I test on was VB.

    VitualTwo

    VirtualTwo, Dec 31, 2003
  6. Sam

    prabha Guest

    Shalini, you are missing this point ( towards the end of the page
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp )

    If you use Exam 70-305 or 70-315 to satisfy the core exam requirement, you
    may use either Exam 70-306 or 70-316 as an elective.

    If you use Exam 70-306 or 70-316 to satisfy the core exam requirement, you
    may use either Exam 70-305 or 70-315 as an elective.

    prabha, Dec 31, 2003
  7. I completed my MCAD recently and got the certification
    listed on my profile too and hence I am making this
    argument.

    The requirement clearly says
    2. core paper -(1 on web or window forms +1 Web services)
    1 Elective paper -Microsoft Product (Could be sql,
    biztalk)

    Hope you understood.

    Kavitha Shalini, Jan 17, 2004
  8. Sam