70-305 - Web Applications advice

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Liam, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Liam

    Liam Guest

    I am planning to do my MCAD this year. I currently have 5 years exp
    VB6 and SQL Server, and 1 year .NET.

    The first exam Im going to take is 70-305 - .NET Web Apps

    There are a few questions Id like help with before I start;

    1) How long will i need to prepare for this exam (how long a piece of
    string I know) but, how many topics should I aim to cover a week? Is
    there anywhere I can locate a strategy guide do give some structure to
    my learning.

    2) What is the best book? I hear the official Microsoft one are not
    adequate to pass

    3) I will be attempting this without any training - just self
    learning, is this wise?

    4) How can I expect the MCAD to benefit me - I am now 27 with 5 years
    experience, but am just a bog standard developer. Should I aim to be
    some kind of lead developer?

    Thanks in Advance Everyone!

    Gareth

    Liam, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Liam

    Sean Guest

    I have heard that the classes are a waste of money. That said they only two
    people I know personally who are certified took classes.

    Given your experience it might not take you as long as its taking me but I
    would allocate basically forever. I am currently at about 300 hours I think
    but I am studying all three exams at once. 70-306 seems to be giving me the
    most trouble even though I thought it would be eaiser. It seems they can ask
    a question on any property, method or even argument for ANYTHING in the
    entire friggin library...

    So..that is why I say on time, make it a lifestyle. Had I personally known
    it was going to be this much, I wouldnt have started but now that I have I am
    accepting the fact that I will study when I can and I may or may not ever get
    certified.

    Sean, Jan 7, 2005