    to a lack of funds) testing facilities.

    Cheers.

    Bryan, UK

    Bryan, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Don't worry too much -- the exams don't test your ability as a
    programmer; merely your ability to memorize. Mind you, it's easier to
    memorize the material if you already know it.
    d0|\|'7 ph33r 7h3 3><4m5!
    Don't put too much stock in that.
    I don't agree with the opinion that you need a testing facility at all.
    If you know the material -- provided, you know what the material is --
    you'll do fine.

    General Protection Fault, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Bryan

    Megh Guest

    Hey,

    I am also in a way to give the MCP exam(70-316) in this
    month or so. Can u tell me from where u got "Microsoft
    Online Assessment" and how much is the cost of it please?

    thanks in advance.

    Megh, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    Bryan, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Bryan

    Kumar Guest

    guys dont worry too much about microsoft assessment tests.. I got 65% in an
    assesment exam related to 70-316 after i gave the real test.. I got 1007 in
    the real test.. but only 65% in assessment.. so dont read too much into it..
    just consider those as practice questions..

    Kumar, Jan 21, 2004
  6. Bryan

    Megh Guest

    oh Thanks a loooot.

    Is it free of charge?

    Megh, US

    Megh, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    It certainly is, and I found it quite difficult.

    Bryan, UK

    Bryan, Jan 21, 2004
  8. Bryan

    Kumar Guest

    yeah.. its free.

    Kumar, Jan 21, 2004
  9. Bryan

    Megh Guest

    Thank you so much for your reply. But you know, I am
    feeling very tensed about this exam. Don't want to
    fail..so taking precautions.....
    You scored 1007, right!!! Is there any margin to pass the
    70-316 exam?

    Megh.

    Megh, Jan 21, 2004
  10. Bryan

    Guest Guest

    Can u tell me how to see the correct answer of a question?

    Guest, Jan 21, 2004
  11. Bryan

    Eric Guest

    Congrats! That's a good score on that test.

    Eric, Jan 21, 2004
  12. Bryan

    Guest Guest

    That link says "Register Now"... I have a question , Is
    this link demands money. Because they maintain our
    assessment records and we can mail our qs. to our
    PassportId.
    Thanks.

    Guest, Jan 21, 2004
  13. Bryan

    Kumar Guest

    yah.. you need to score 700 to pass.. and there is no maximum fixed score..
    it varies from person to person.. they dont reveal that..

    Kumar, Jan 21, 2004
  14. Bryan

    Kumar Guest

    Assessment tests dont let you see the correct answers.. they just give you
    the score you achieved and how you fared in various sections.. so you can do
    whatever that is needed to get better in those sections where you are weak..

    Kumar, Jan 21, 2004
  15. Bryan

    RDF Guest

    Bryan,
    I'll be taking my first MS exam on Friday and I am pretty
    scared too, but you can go online to www.BrainDumps.com
    and sign up for free to look at all the questions that
    are on the exam. If you read all the materials and do
    the exercises, and study from BrainDumps, you should have
    no problems passing with a good score.

    Hope This Helps!

    RDF

    RDF, Jan 21, 2004
  16. Bryan

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Thanks... welcome RDF... just the thing we were missing... a brain dumper..
    tell me do you still need to visit msnews mcad forum ? mind if we start with
    the what MCAD stands for ? cause i think most brain dumpers wouldn't even
    know that for starters.
    Didn't mean to sound very sarcastic but couldn't help myself. I envy your
    guts. (now i am having homicidal thoughts damn)

    Hermit Dave, Jan 21, 2004
  17. Bryan

    Mahasen Guest

    well said dave.

    Mahasen, Jan 22, 2004
  18. Congratulations in advance on becoming another worthless MCP.

    General Protection Fault, Jan 22, 2004
  19. Bryan

    Guest Guest

    I just got my MCAD on Monday. Here's what I did. They're
    not all free but you could probably mimic most of this
    with demo tests, etc.

    1. Skip classes - not worth the cost
    2. Study practice exams - get a few (Not Self-test) and go
    through all of the questions - recommend Microsoft.NET
    Core Requirements MCAD/MCSD Self-paced training CD with
    practice questions for Web Apps and Windows Apps test.
    For XML Web Services test see if you can get a copy of the
    MOC (Microsoft official curriculum). It actually helped.
    Also, still run through practice tests for the XML Web
    Services exam.
    3. Take some time to study help files after going through
    the practice tests. Te practice tests will highlight
    areas to work on.
    4. Pray - it's about the luck of the draw. If you get
    questions you're familiar with then you're in.

    Guest, Jan 22, 2004
  20. Bryan

    Eric Guest

    If you take the test many times, it will eventually show the same
    question again. If you remember what answer you gave the first time,
    then you will have another shot at getting it right. But, the options
    are usually in a different order the second time.

    I think MeasureUp made those assessment tests, but I'm not sure. They
    also have some study guides that they sell.

    Eric, Jan 22, 2004