  1. harryr

    harryr Guest

    Exam 70-299 will be available from February 13, 2004.

    harryr, Feb 6, 2004

  2. harryr

    Guest Guest

    Does that mean that beta results will be available in the week

    BTW, it was a really hard exam !

    Guest, Feb 10, 2004

  3. harryr

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Yes it was.

    I hope i pass this one, hahahaha...

    We hopefully know it friday the 13th?!!!

    Aaaaargh: bad karma

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 11, 2004
  4. harryr

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Bad karma indeed.... failed!

    Just like many others i guess. The minumum scores for
    a beta exam are just to high! This is just another near
    miss (again).

    A beta exam takes more time/more questions to answer and
    still they want us to score the same minumum score as was
    it a regular exam.

    I thought the deal was that we help the beta exam
    designers, and for that we get a fair chance to pass an
    exam?

    Well, i am also MCSA & MCSE and still did not pass one of
    them! So, what's going on? This indicates a too high
    minumum score for a beta exam (i missed them each time
    with about 50-75 points, aaargh!)

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 13, 2004
  5. The minimum score to pass a beta exam is the same as the live exam.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
    do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
    purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Feb 13, 2004
  6. harryr

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Hello Tom,

    My explaination wasn't that good i guess...
    Let me try it again.

    A beta exam cannot be handled the same as a regular exam,
    why:
    - This due to the fact that a beta exam takes more
    time/effort (for example: keeping focussed all the time)
    - You can't prepare because beta exams are always on short
    notice and the related products are usually new (fact)
    - A beta has more questions than a regular exam (fact)

    So why use the same score minimum for beta's and regular
    exams ? A beta is really 'hard' according to the regular
    exam.

    I guess if we (beta testers) take the regular exam, we
    would have passed...

    I am very curious: who shares this opinion?

    Regards,

    Sgt Galaxy

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 13, 2004
  7. I will not try to disprove your statements below. I presume you
    understand the exam development process, if not, here's the link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/examdev.asp. Perhaps,
    one of the Microsoft Learning people who monitor these newsgroups can give
    you a better insight.

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Feb 13, 2004
  8. harryr

    Guest Guest

    You fail, so something is wrong with the process??

    Maybe something is wrong with your way of thinking.

    Guest, Feb 14, 2004
  9. harryr

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    Thanks Tom,

    I know how the beta exam process works.

    We take a beta and thereby we give test designers input
    about how to build the regular exam. It's for free and if
    you succeed in passing the test you get the exam on your
    transcript. Sounds like a great deal!

    Unfortunatelly lots of people just don't succeed.
    Even after multiple tries (with different beta's), and
    they sure have skills. The question is why don't they
    succeed? Why still getting a 'near miss' ?

    I think this is because the minimum score for a beta is
    the same as for the regular exam. And as i explained in a
    - A beta exam takes more time/effort (for example: staying
    focussed all the time)
    - A beta has more questions than a regular exam (fact)

    Maybe the test designers should ask themselves if the
    minimum score for a beta should be the same as for a
    regular exam.......... and that's all!

    I personally think that i will not pass any beta exams (at
    the mcsa/mcse skill level). This although i'm a MCSA/MCSE
    myself! So what's going on ?

    If only the best-of-the best will get a passing score for
    a beta exam... the rest better study for the regular ones.

    Maybe a beta test designer can give us more input on this
    subject?

    Thanks in advance,

    Sgt Galaxy

    Sgt Galaxy, Feb 14, 2004
  10. Hi.

    You must take the good side of beta tests!

    I allways pass the first time after failing the beta test. So it must be a
    good learning...

    It is also truth that beta tests are not so easy as before... but I think
    that this means that exams will be harder!

    Bye.

    Thierry DEMAN [MVP], Feb 14, 2004
  11. harryr

    Guest Guest

    Over the last 3 years, I've a total of 15 Microsoft and Comptia beta tests.
    Of those, I failed 4--70-225, 70-270, 70-291 and 70-297. I later passed the
    live exams except--haven't re-took it yet. Experience with the product while
    it was in beta helped me.

    Guest, Feb 14, 2004
  12. harryr

    Alex Foley Guest

    hi

    well sgt galxy was (almost) right with his comments on beta
    exams: i've got 650 points and i needed 700 (71-299),
    this really really sux. i got score report today,
    from vue.

    i am also a mcse-2000 and mcsa-2000: security,
    so this hurts a bit

    thx

    Alex Foley, Feb 16, 2004
  13. harryr

    Guest Guest

    I don't know my score yet for the 71-299 exam. I still need to retake the
    70-297 exam sometime in the future.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2004
  14. harryr

    Guest Guest