    ISApose Guest

    Does the MCSE subnetting problems consider the old RFC 1878 standard? I need
    to know if I should be including the "1" and "0" subnets for the answers.

    ISApose, Nov 6, 2008

  2. ISApose

    John R Guest

    Short response, for the purpose of the test, go with the - 2.

    For a much better response, see Lawrence Garvin's response in the thread
    '70-291 - question for the uber geeks'. Ignore anything I said in there, as
    I must have been on drugs that day and thought the question was asking
    something totally different. Lawrence, as usual, nailed it.

    John R

    John R, Nov 6, 2008

  3. Generally, yes.

    Unless the example/scenario given obviously does include those subnets. ;-)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 6, 2008
  4. Hmm. now I gotta go re-read that thread and make sure my answers agree. :)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 6, 2008
  5. Whew!.... (they did). :)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 6, 2008
  6. ISApose

    ISApose Guest

    Awesome, thank you John R. and Lawrence!

    ISApose, Nov 7, 2008
  7. ISApose

    catwalker63 Guest

    Do you have an index in your head or something?

    catwalker63, Nov 7, 2008
  8. ISApose

    John R Guest

    That, and unlike 98% of the new people who show up and post questions here,
    I know how to search a newsgroup.

    ;-)

    John R

    John R, Nov 7, 2008
  9. ISApose

    catwalker63 Guest

    Oh, is THAT how it's done? Huh. Interesting.

    catwalker63, Nov 7, 2008
  10. ISApose

    John R Guest

    TMML

    John R, Nov 7, 2008
  11. ISApose

    LMC Guest

    I posed the same question not but a few weeks back. In truth, binary math is
    actually quite simple. Chris Bryant of http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/
    makes the concepts very simple. Yes, you will need to know how to subnet
    beyond the shadow of any doubt for 291.

    LMC, Nov 9, 2008