    My friends keep telling me that the 291 is a way harder than the 290.
    I was comfortable with the 290, but I want to know how hard is the 291.
    please help.

    FinalHokage, Feb 7, 2006

  2. FinalHokage

    FinalHokage Guest

    I messed up the title it should read "291 harder than 290"

    FinalHokage, Feb 7, 2006

  3. FinalHokage

    molsonexpert Guest

    70-291 is significantly more difficult. I did well on 70-290 but failed
    70-291 the first time I took it. I think I got bogged down on the
    simulations. Know DNS inside and out, and get well prepped on routing
    scenarios.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Feb 7, 2006
  4. FinalHokage

    Stu Cousins Guest

    Hi. I sat 70-291 on Monday 1st attempt and failed with a score of 677.
    Gutted I was. I passed 70-290 a few months back scoring 907. I thought I'd
    done well in 291 until I saw the score screen. The exam was much tougher
    than 290 IMO. Questions were on RAS & IAS, big chunk of tough DNS q's, SUS,
    DHCP, system services, and Network Monitor and IPSec Monitor tools, etc.

    The Name Res and Impl, Man, Maint Network Sec sections let me down a bit so
    I need to brush up on these. I've got a resit booked in a few weeks time.

    Stu

    Stu Cousins, Feb 8, 2006
  5. FinalHokage

    FinalHokage Guest

    Thanks for the input guys, My I guess I will prepare better now.

    FinalHokage, Feb 9, 2006
  6. FinalHokage

    Bhanu Prasad Guest

    hi... i gave my 70-291 on 11th feb.. it was really hard.. just passed with
    733 where as 290 n 270 scored 970+ .. i felt i prepared well.. but was
    shocked to see 733..

    i would recommand go through Routing and remote access perfectly.. got many
    questions on this topic

    all the best

    Bhanu Prasad, Feb 12, 2006
  7. Congrats on the pass of 290, that's what I'm heading for next too.

    Paul

    Pablo the once was MCSE, Mar 10, 2006
  8. FinalHokage

    GunDen Guest

    This I think is the hardest core test, most people thought they pass, only to
    find out that they didn't even break 600.

    GunDen, Mar 22, 2006
  9. FinalHokage

    Paul UK Guest

    Good luck,

    I passed 291 with 733, but was a killer. Prepare well, very well... Sybex,
    MS Press and I did the Official Course. :-0
    --
    Thanks

    Paul...
    ---------