    know there's a million companies out there but which ones are good?

    Cheers
    Reini

    Guest, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    I don't have a direct answer, but I do have two suggestions.

    1. This question is asked a lot, so you are better to google the group to
    find your answer rather than everyone go through the same arguments again.

    2. Just in case and because you didn't mention it... Don't use sample
    questions to study. Only use them for making sure you have studied enough.

    T-Bone, Jul 29, 2005

  3. Guest

    cwebster0801 Guest

    I agree with you on that T-Bone. Tests are good to show your progress as you
    go, but don't rely on them for every aspect of studying. The hands on
    experience works much better to flush out the areas that might not be
    covered in a simple practice exam.

    As a side note on this, I am ALSO studyting for the 70-291 exam right now
    myself. I am using SEVERAL resources to study with. I have the MS book, Exam
    Cram, Transcender, SelftestSoftware, and a few other pieces of software as
    well. I think the best thing I have been using is three virtual machines
    installed on my laptop using VMWare workstation. I have two 2k3 enterprise
    servers and one XP workstation.

    If you get a chance, download the VMWare Workstation 5.0 eval from the
    VMWare website. This is the latest version and it supports multiple snapshot
    levels so you can revert any changes back to the original in the blink of an
    eye. It helps A LOT to be able to make a config and then blow it away and
    redo it rather quickly. The need for extra hardware is also deminished as
    well because you can configure the virtual NICs to talk on their own private
    VLAN.

    cwebster0801, Jul 29, 2005
  4. Guest

    Goldneye Guest

    I think (was) Sybex is comming out with a second edit of their 291 study
    guide. Show be ready for end of November.

    Goldneye, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    Hmm, the post to which you are replying is from July. Way to revive a dead
    thread there, RedSphincter.

    T-Bone, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    Didn't Captain America kick his a$$? No wait that was the other "Red"
    thing.

    MitchS, Oct 7, 2005