    is a number of sims, and I've been studying the press book and another my
    school provides. Which include about 400 questions in the practice exams. If
    anybody can inform me it would be greatly appreciated.

    ArmyStrong, Jan 24, 2010

  2. ArmyStrong

    pstallone Guest

    I took my 70-290 exam on Jan 11, and there were 40 questions. Somewhere on
    the web site (ProMetric probably) they said it was a 4-hour exam, but it
    actually was 3 hours. I finished in 1 hour and 35 minutes. I don't have any
    idea how that compares to other people's time.

    One hint: BE FAMILIAR with the material! There were some questions that I
    didn't have the faintest idea what the answers were. The book didn't really
    cover them, although they were related to the material and if I had played
    around with it more in the lab I would have known. (I have a full lab, with
    about 12 computers, including 5 Server 03's, a bunch of Cisco stuff, PIX
    firewall, AdTran box, etc in an equipment rack). I did pass on my first
    attempt, but not by very much. I didn't use a practice exam. I prefer to have
    a comfortable margin. I'm going to try to be better prepared for future exams.

    The book we use at my school is "Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Environment, Enhanced", ISBN 978-0-619-21752-5. It got mixed reviews on
    Amazon.com, but I thought it was a pretty good book. After all, I passed the
    exam...

    Good luck to you!

    pstallone, Jan 25, 2010