    2) modify the group to allow access to network resources (no problem)
    3)modify group to include users from the second domain in AD (couldn't get it)

    any thoughts?

    Guest, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Only that I used to think Forests contained trees.

    Cerebrus, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The group is probably a global distribution group. Global groups can only
    contain users from the same domain. To include users from the second domain,
    you need to first change the scope from global to universal.

    Will

    Guest, Jul 28, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Will,

    Thanks, that was my first thought and exactly what I did. I still could not
    include user from the other domain. In fact, after making that mod, I
    attempted to add members to the group. The location is focused on the
    currentdomain but greyed and pressing the location button produces no result.

    Entering the fully quailfied name (Domain\user (or group)) produces a "Name
    not found".

    Guest, Jul 28, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQS4gR29yZG9u?=
    You are violating the test aggreement with this post, and should thus not
    be allowed to certify.

    Ole Kristian Bangås, Jul 30, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Ole,

    Though I agree with you that it is forbidden to discuss questions, wouldn't
    it be more beneficial to help the new people by explaining the rules rather
    than just jumping on them with 'You should not be certified'?

    Just a thought...

    Guest, Aug 4, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, I have been contemplating my response to this.

    In fact, I am not a newbie to the computer industry... I have 32 years
    experience, everything from operations & data center management, programming,
    desktop and server support to LAN/WAN infrastructure implementation.

    I have grown up in this indeustry and throughout my years, I have worked in
    a team environment and what one person did nit know or had trouble with, a
    colleague helped (we shared knowledge!) Had I worded the question to the
    group as a problem in the workplace, I wonder if the response may have been
    different.

    I made an assumption that this community was in fact a support vehicle for
    those working toward certification. I've seen several posters that tout their
    certification and offer no help to the "community". I wonder what kind of
    team players these folks are.

    I apologize for my disregard for the testing agreement, but the scenario as
    described is something that I have encountered in the workplace without issue
    and had no issue with performing this task. Just thought I ask this
    "community" for ideas.

    Guest, Aug 4, 2006
  8. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Peter,

    The point is only that discussing questions that you faced on the test,
    amounts to a violation of the test NDA that you signed, before taking
    the exam. This is because you are disclosing a question to those who
    might not have taken the exam yet.

    If you had asked the question as a general one, and not mentioned that
    you had this question on the exam, I'm sure the response would have
    been different.

    People here are helpful in their own capacities, and I see no reason
    for you to be disillusioned.

    Cerebrus, Aug 4, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Peter,

    I agree with Cerebrus that you are not allowed to disclose questions and
    answers to exam questions. I do not agree with people who flout their
    credentials without offering help. I do believe in helping rather than
    putting people down. However Cerebrus is also right in that we are not
    allowed to discuss actual questions.

    I hope you realize that not everyone in the community (it really is a
    community!) is like that, an that you stick around for a while.

    As for the newbie comment I apologize if I offended you, but I did not mean
    newbie to computers, only newbie to the Microsoft certification process.

    Speaking of which, I am late to deliver a lecture on the new generation of
    certs so I am off!

    Guest, Aug 4, 2006
  10. Guest

    joshuapaul Guest

    joshuapaul, Aug 12, 2006
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Think about it...

    If you have a GG and you want it to contain users from another domain, it
    can not, so you need to change it to a UG, which you can, and then it could
    hold users from multiple domains in the same forest... not a good practice,
    but it will work...
    make it a universal group...

    Guest, Aug 18, 2006
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    PLEASE NOTE: Brain Dumps are considered cheating, and anyone caught using
    them to pass an exam will have their certifications stripped, and will be
    forbidden from ever sitting for another Microsoft exam.

    Guest, Aug 19, 2006
  13. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    If you are referring to the UCertify people, I wouldn't be so sure
    about labelling them as [email protected] providers. They have that
    [email protected] look about them, but overall, seem clean to me.

    According to their FAQ :
    ///
    Q: Do you take your material from braindumps or exact questions, and
    answers from the Microsoft tests?

    A: We do not sell braindumps. We do not give exact exam questions to
    students. We do not encourage cheating. However, we provide articles,
    how tos, tutorial and study notes with our practice test to help you
    learn the subject so that you can pass the test easily. It also help
    you in the real job after the exam.
    \\\

    Whether this is just a false claim or the truth, can only be confirmed
    by someone who used their Prepkits to prepare for, and take an MS exam.

    If you have some evidence to corroborate or contradict their claim, I
    would love to know. But till then, I would suggest that we give them
    the benefit of doubt.

    Regards,

    Cerebrus, Aug 19, 2006
  14. Guest

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Did you see what Cerebrus () graced us with in
    ?<<
    I concur, as far as I could tell, UCertify is not providing any illegal
    information.

    I'm in the process of adding a section to my website (www.CertGuard.com) that
    will have a list of the legitimate websites. Unfortunately, because of the
    nature of dumps, I won't be providing links to the sites that I have found to be
    [email protected], you'll just have to presume that if the website isn't listed on my
    site, then they are a [email protected] provider.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 24, 2006
  15. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Yeah, exactly... If CertGuard doesn't certify it, it's uncertifiable !

    Cerebrus, Aug 25, 2006
  16. Guest

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Did you see what Cerebrus () graced us with in
    ?<<
    That's the word I want to get out to everyone.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 25, 2006
  17. Guest

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Did you see what BD [MCNGP] ([email protected]) graced us with in
    ?<<

    Just a little update to this whole thread.

    I got some information yesterday that may change a few minds about UCertify...or
    not...

    Although they do not sell or sponsor braindumps, users claiming to be from
    UCertify have been banned from one certain forum (If you know it, you know
    it...if you don't, you don't) for a number of reasons, but the main reason was
    "because of their scamming techniques, pretending to be users of their products
    and testifying as to their worthiness."

    Although I will probably leave them on my site, I'll (soon) have it noted that
    they are not a worthy site because of the reason stated above.

    HTH

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 28, 2006