    it yet , either passed or failed, so i can get an idea of
    what its like.
    cheers

    stevo, Dec 5, 2003

  2. stevo

    Walter Guest

    I've passed 70-290 at Prometric.
    100 question in 120 minutes (pre/post survey questions
    included)
    Focus your study on Backup/Recovery, Permission and HW
    Devices in particular.
    Good Luck.

    Walter, Dec 10, 2003

  3. stevo

    SkydiveGuy Guest

    One thing I have always noticed is every time somone asks
    about this exam.... people are always responding that it
    is "more difficult than expected" and they all mention
    items to "make sure you study for"

    I have yet to take this exam and have been preparing for a
    few weeks now.... but it seems that most of the people
    making comments seem to take this based on the Server W2K
    version of this exam and are surprised at how it is
    different.

    WHY SHOULDN'T IT BE DIFFERENT!? It is a completely
    different OS!

    Is it hard due to lack of being prepared or hard because
    the study materials and books are not adequate enough?

    I think people are weaker and stronger in different
    aspects of this exam so it will always be different to
    different people.... the only thing that remains
    consistant is the material all added together from all
    reviews is basically what the Microsoft website mentions
    is on the exam as far as objectives.

    There have been a few reviews out there that say there are
    some scripting items that are not mentioned in any books
    so I am on the lookout for that stuff.(by the way... if
    they promote this OS as a "rich GUI environment" why is
    there so much command line crap to learn???)

    Basically I am making sure I KNOW the OS before taking
    this exam.

    Oh yeah... why would the last reviewer include the
    pre/post questions and time in the post? Gimmie a break.

    People want to know how long they have to complete the
    parts of the test they HAVE to pass.... I am going to
    assume it is the same (or close to) what the 70-210 exam
    was that I took 4 weeks ago: 50 questions and a 2:30 time
    limit.

    SkydiveGuy, Dec 12, 2003
  4. stevo

    Dave Guest

    Just passed 70-290. 45 questions\90 minutes.
    It's hard because although I studied 3 manuals, technet and online help
    along with using 2003 in a live environment for the last 3 months there were
    still some questions on stuff I had not come across. Can't be more specific,
    obviously.
    I would say I know 2003 server very well but some of the questions had quite
    obscure answers.

    Good luck.

    Dave, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Congratulations!!