    conquered. This exam is an insult to our intelligence and experience IMO.
    I read alot of the previous posts and same experience by so many? Are you
    even listening MS?

    Guest, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Tom,

    The 70-282 exam is not an exam about Small Business Server, rather about
    small business. It is not meant to be an easy exam, though if I had my way
    it would have been harder. I am honestly surprised to hear the number of
    people who complain that they failed, but am encouraged to hear that they are
    all failing with 650-675. That gives me hope that they leave the exam
    knowing what they need to pass the next time.

    I am curious to know which MCSE you passed in 6 exams, and can only assume
    that it is NT 4.0 (MCSE 2000 required 7, MCSE 2003 requires 8 I believe). I
    know that in the first few years of the cert program the exams were much
    easier, and it is of comfort to me and many others that they have gotten
    harder over the years - it preserves the integrity of the program and makes
    your certs meaningful.

    Good luck and let us know how you do on the re-write! If you contact me
    off-site I can send you an e-mail I wrote to help someone on this exam.
    newsgroups at mitchgarvis dot com.

    Guest, Aug 10, 2006

  3. Guest

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Did you see what Montreal MCSA
    () graced us with in
    ?<<
    Aren't there 6 M$ exams (+ 1 non-M$ elective) to pass the MCSE. That's what I
    was thinking he meant anyways.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 10, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    TY for the replies.
    "I am honestly surprised to hear the number of
    people who complain that they failed, but am encouraged to hear that they are
    all failing with 650-675. That gives me hope that they leave the exam
    knowing what they need to pass the next time."

    Surprised? I have no idea what to study after taking this exam. The
    REASON experienced tech/consultants like myself are failing with the same
    score is due to the percentage of (around 30% of test questions) arcane,
    tripwire type questions that can't be tied to any areas of preparation.
    And you defend this type of test hardening? Give me double the questions
    and keep them relevant to the needed knowledge to support SBS and small/med
    biz solutions, I'd pass no prob.
    I support a difficult "on subject" MCP test for SBS but this is not the way
    to do it.
    Nobody wants a paper (wizard pusher) cert in this important area.
    I know my dhcp,dns, AD, GPO's, tcp/ip, IE6, IIS6, Exchange, Winserver 2003,
    licensing, CL tools, proper solution /customer matching biz stuff they just
    didn't ask me enough about them is my point.

    As to my previous tests, yes they were on NT4 and in my opinion, there has
    never been an easy path to MCSE. The product just got more feature laden in
    2000 and 2003.

    I appreciate the chance to discuss(vent-lol) and care about my clients and
    the MS relationship. But I feel I don't need MS 's blessing in my career to
    succeed anymore through certs. It's all a ruse(hoop jumping) to me now. I ,
    like most taking the exams just want access to as much assistance in
    marketing my firm/self as possible. Like some other posters here I'll stick
    to straight MCSE tests where I'm tested fairly and squarely on my performance
    abilities and not on some tech writer trying to trip me with minutiae.

    Guest, Aug 10, 2006