    Guide that the questions are MeasureUp questions. Can anyone address this
    point? Who has purchased any of the aforementioned, and which is the better
    set to purchase ? Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 24, 2007

  2. Bill I know this does not answer your question; however, I use
    Transcender software to help prepare to sit an exam. Although I use them
    for different purposes now (mental preparation), I have had great
    success with the product. I hope that helps. Good luck.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 24, 2007

  3. Need help on MCP certification test

    catwalker63 Guest

    Need help on MCP certification test piffled away vaguely:
    I like Transcender. And don't use the questions until you think you're
    ready to take the exam. Test questions are enough to check to see if
    you are ready but not enough to prepare you for the exam.
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Mar 24, 2007
  4. Need help on MCP certification test

    RemoteShark Guest

    I also have the MS Press Book + 1 CD with the MeasureUP questions included.
    I also additionally purchased from MeasureUP the exam questions pack for
    70-272. In the MeasureUP test engine, I have 2 products listed. One from the
    MS Press Book which has 50 Questions and the other from my additional
    purchase from MUP, which has 175 questions. I did go through both and there
    were duplicate questions. I was told by a guy who holds 63 Genuine MCP's
    (litterally all of them, from every Product Microsoft ever had) that the more
    questions you can get your hands on the better. Our company hired this guy
    and he is like a walking, talking manual or better known as our 'God'. The
    questions have helped me train my brain to pick out tricky parts to the
    questions. Allthough some questions have the answer shining infront of you,
    one slight change in the question can throw the whole answer off. The secret
    is the actual interpretation of the question and the more tricky questions
    you can interpret, the better. Some questions are vague, but all in all, I
    study 25 questions a day, randomly since 2 weeks and I can say I have learned
    alot since then, even if they don't appear on the actual exam, what matters
    most is the confidence and experience of having studied and answered as many
    questions as possible with the experience and knowledge studied from the MS
    Press Book, CBT Training Videos and hands-on experience. I am starting to
    take a look at the back of the MS Press Book because I think there is a huge
    handful of questions there also.

    The way I worked it out with MeasureUP was to do 5 questions in the test,
    concentrating on 5 at a time, then repeat another 5 until I have done 25
    questions. Taking a break between each set of 5 questions. I have scored
    between 7on average between 75%-100% percent on these. a few 60%, but all in
    all... after I have done the test and go on to the next, I have retained the
    answers from the previous questions. I then print them out and study the ones
    I got wrong until the next evening. I have printed out 5 random questions in
    the morning, take it to work and read through them. Then in the evening, I
    may come across these questions and helps to memorize the scenario. I may do
    a lab on the question I got wrong, such as act out the scenario or reseach
    the question and answer like how to create a VPN connection through a shared
    internet connection from home to work. Creating mindmaps. I can garantee the
    next time that question comes up, i damn will know the answer and have acted
    it out. Learning by doing is the only way. In about 1 week, I would have
    studied the 175 questions. I will continue to do this until the exam day. I
    also listen to refresher CBT videos on my pocket pc on the way to work,
    drumming vital information into my brain and also being able to apply it at
    work in some way. My boss has recognised a huge change in the way I work and
    hopefully I can reep the benefits from when I pass this test (like a way
    overdue pay rise). I plan on the next and the next MCP until I am satisfied,
    but for now, one thing at a time.

    Whatever you do in the path of your goal, it will never go to waste. If the
    mind can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

    Have a nice weekend.
    RemoteShark

    RemoteShark, Mar 24, 2007
  5. Good day:
    Thank you Michael, do I understand you to say that the Transcender practice
    exam would be very useful for the 70-271 exam? I'm a little uncertain
    regarding you position on Transcender. I have read in a different post a
    recommendation for Syngress, I have never heard of Syngress, does anyone else
    recommend the Syngress paractice exam for 70-271?

    What about SelfTest? Does anyone think highly of SelfTest for 70-271? Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 28, 2007