    thanks
    Ali,
    MCSA2K

    Ali, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Ali

    Zenner Guest

    I found the info in MSpress 070-222 very through and detailed. Obviously, it
    doesn't "hold your hand", tell you every nuance...but in following its
    procedures, steps; you should be able to migrate your system with very
    little trouble.

    There is a series of papers on the Microsoft site called Migration cook
    book, that are priceless. Look them up on the net.

    My question would be, why are you in a position to direct a migration from
    NT 4.0, if you don't have any experience? May you should practice on a test
    system, as recommended, before attempting a Production level migration,
    upgrade or install?

    Zenner, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Ali

    Ali Guest

    great reference, thanks a bunch.
    and as for your question, I'm trying to get as much information as I can for
    MCSE. I thought 70-222 would be a reference for '2k learners' to learn about
    NT4 and know how to upgrade from it. but at the first glance, I saw only
    what I saw back in the 70-215 guide. don't worry, I'm not gonna be upgrading
    any network before I know how to do it. ;o)

    Ali,
    MCSA

    Ali, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Ali

    ITPro_DLM Guest

    I recommend that you take a class or hire a consultant.

    There's a specific set of steps that you will need to
    take. First thing you need to do is document your
    existing and target physical and logical network (how many
    forests? how many trees? etc.) Are you going for a mixed
    mode or native mode network. For the actual upgrade...
    PDC's then BDC's then File Servers. You MUST pay
    attention to your operation masters also. If you're an
    MCSA 2K you should know what I am talking about. I can go
    on and on with what MUST be done. Please study on 70-219.

    ITPro_DLM
    MCSE 2000

    ITPro_DLM, Aug 10, 2003