    myrt webb Guest

    Just passed 216 and I am starting on 217.

    How does 217 compare with 216?

    myrt webb, Nov 8, 2003

  2. myrt webb

    Dave Guest

    Well done. Haven't taken the 217 - just studying for 216 -
    I know from speaking with other people that there are
    lots of DNS, DHCP, WINS & RRAS questions on this exam, are
    there many on IP routing protocols, as this is my weakest
    area?

    Was this test using the new format of a min 700 pass mark
    + feedback on how well you fared on each area of the exam?

    Dave, Nov 8, 2003

  3. myrt webb

    myrt webb Guest

    The most difficult factor with the 216 test was time. On
    my other certs time was not a problem. I could go thru the
    questions and have plenty of time to recheck. With 216 you
    will be hard pressed to get thru all the questions much
    less go back for rechecks.

    There were a lot of difficult DNS questions. Not much on
    IP routing. There were two/three subnetting questions and
    one supernetting question- none were that difficult.

    The test format was the same I have had for the other tests
    (210,215,224).

    Good luck!

    myrt webb, Nov 8, 2003
  4. myrt webb

    Plain Jane Guest

    Just passed 70-216 and 70-217 in September and early
    October. I found 70-217 is easier than 70-216.

    70-217 essentially covered Windows 2000 Active Directory
    components, DNS for Active Directory, and Active
    Directory security solutions manage, monitor, and
    optimize the environment by using Group Policy. Know your
    GPO well!

    The level of difficulty for 70-216 I rated 8 out 10 and
    70-217, 6 out of 10. I finished 70-216 exam with 3 min to
    spare and 70-217 exam with 40 min left.

    Good luck on 70-217!

    Plain Jane, Nov 8, 2003
  5. myrt webb

    Karim Guest

    70-216 is the must hard MS Exam in the MCSE Track

    Karim, Nov 9, 2003
  6. myrt webb

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i took & passed the 217 recently. i personally found it equally as hard as
    the 216. there were a bunch of really strangely & lengthy worded questions
    that really threw me off.

    know GPO's and how they get applied.

    but, i didn't run out of time at the end as i did with the 216.

    also, i got this tip from someone on another ng.
    keep a running tick of the question you are confident you got right. so you
    have some bearing on whether you are going to pass or should you be worried
    and start "really" reviewing your answers..

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 9, 2003
  7. myrt webb

    Kian Wah Lai Guest

    i took 216 in feb, the qn were very long so time was limited

    217 was much easier than 216

    Kian Wah Lai
    MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

    Kian Wah Lai, Nov 9, 2003