    asked question on that topics only. Is that true ,has
    anyone given the exam recently for Win2k server .

    Please update me

    cutie, Jun 7, 2004

  2. cutie

    Consultant Guest

    pass/fail
    consider yourself updated

    Consultant, Jun 7, 2004

  3. cutie

    Guest Guest

    Hi Cutie,

    I took this exam in October of last year, and I believe
    you needed 60% to pass (I think). There will be 60
    questions, and no if you get a particular topic wrong they
    will not asked only questions on that topic, but it will
    seem that way to you especially if you are weak in an area
    it will appear as if all the questions are out to get you.

    Guest, Jun 7, 2004
  4. cutie

    Guest Guest

    I took it may 26 passing score was 580, there were 50 questions. the type of exam that will ask different level
    of difficulty is called an adaptive exam. this was not an adaptive exam. best advice i have is know policy

    best of luck it's a [email protected]

    dave

    Guest, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Passing score on all of our exams is 700 and currently we do not have any
    adaptive exams.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jun 7, 2004
  6. cutie

    Consultant Guest

    ah, isnt mediocrity wonderful? here is an idea for microsoft, raise the bar.
    i recommend a 900 for passing.

    Consultant, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Retroactively?

    --
    Fris "I'd be in trouble" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 7, 2004
  8. Interesting... There were adaptive exams at one time, no? Have they not
    worked out? Does MS have any plans to make exams adaptive again?

    --
    Fris "Enquiring minds wanna know!" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 7, 2004
  9. cutie

    Guest Guest

    " Passing score on all of our exams is 700" this is what i was told by mcphelp prior to taking my exam, but
    while looking at my score report right now strange it says passing score 580. i have seen postings claiming
    both and only belive my score sheet... who really knows
    dave

    Guest, Jun 7, 2004
  10. circa Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:53:08 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Consultant
    () said,
    Without getting into testing structures and the unbelievable amount
    of development work that Microsoft puts into the exams and the stats
    behind them, a score of 900 is not particularly statistically
    significant in comparison to a score of 700. These exams are not
    scored or written like what you took in high school.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 8, 2004
  11. circa Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:59:38 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=
    () said,
    I think there was _one_ adaptive exam- IIS4. That was a long time
    ago, though, so I could be wrong. :)

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 8, 2004
  12. cutie

    me! Guest

    While reading a ExaCram studyguide from a couple years
    ago, it said that the test was randomly chosen from fixed
    length, short form, and adaptive. I believe that microsoft
    has taken the adaptive testing away, but I am not sure
    about the short form test.

    me!, Jun 8, 2004
  13. cutie

    Jtyc Guest

    These exams are not
    It's a good thing to. Especially with you at the head of the curve.

    Jtyc, Jun 8, 2004
  14. cutie

    Paul Lynch Guest

    You are. My NT4 Workstation (my God that feels like a lifetime ago,
    now) was adaptive. I felt cheated when it finished after only 14
    minutes or so and said congrats you've passed - I wanted to carry on
    for a bit longer after all the damn preparation I'd done :)

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, Jun 8, 2004
  15. cutie

    Guest Guest

    Ok, I'm going to break my NDA here and tell you a littl
    secret that few people know about. There is a trick to figuring
    out the required passing score for any MS test.

    It's the same as the last 3 digits of the test ID

    So from now on just "christmas tree" it and you'll be an
    MCSE in no time.

    Hugs n Kisse
    Sandworm

    ----- cutie wrote: ----

    Hi al

    I am preparing for exam 70-215 and will give the exam
    with in 4-5 days

    My question is whats is the passing score for this exam.
    IS this exam adaptive one. How many questions will be
    there. I heard that if my answer is wrong for a
    particular topic ( for eg. terminal servies) ,I will be

    Guest, Jun 8, 2004
  16. cutie

    Neil Guest

    there were others (for a time the Exchange 5.5 exam was adaptive. I took
    the exam the week before it went adaptive.) I don't believe that MS has
    any exams that are adaptive now...

    Neil, Jun 9, 2004
  17. cutie

    Neil Guest

    I think they change it on a random basis

    Neil, Jun 9, 2004
  18. circa Tue, 8 Jun 2004 06:32:01 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc ([email protected]!)
    said,
    Aww, you're sweet.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 9, 2004
  19. circa Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:27:10 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Paul Lynch ()
    said,
    Ah, I'm thinking of the interactive doohickey that they had.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 9, 2004
  20. cutie

    Neil Guest

    right, the simulation. I think IIS4 was the only one to have that...

    Neil, Jun 9, 2004