6500 modules & netflow - what is the difference between "X-BAR" and "Fabric enabled" , netflow quest

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by zeio@hotmail.com, Oct 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Couple of questions ;

    1) What is the difference between "X-BAR" and "Fabric enabled"

    2) Can the WS-X6548-RJ-45 be upgraded to DFC3BXL ? Is the
    WS-X6548-RJ-45 fabric enabled, is that what "X-BAR" means?

    3) The WS-X6748-GE-TX , can this be upgraded to DFCBXL?

    My assumptions are as follows:

    A) A SUP720-3BXL will allow the WS-X6548-RJ-45 to use fabric, and could
    be enabled to do dCEF with the addition of a DFC3BXL.

    B) A SUP720-3BXL will allow the WS-X6748-GE-TX to use fabric, and could
    be enabled to do dCEF with the addition of a DFC3BXL.

    C) I want to export netflows as follows, and consider this possible (as
    an assumption), that all the ports in both blades will end up on the
    same layer2 VLAN (all switchport access vlan x), and that when I export
    flow data from the switch that in the flowdata will include the ifindex
    of the ingress port, the source ip and the destination ip on the same
    layer2 vlan.

    The idea is this: I need to see using the flowdata a person attacking a
    neighbor on the same vlan identified by ifindex.

    TIA

    , Oct 13, 2005