    end of the wizard. All I want to do is share the printer via AD and allow the
    clients to download the drivers. Is this possible and if so how?
    Thanks in advance!

    Guest, Mar 30, 2007

  2. An interesting problem. I'm assuming you know how to add drivers for a
    different architecture to your printer, but if you don't, see my blog
    entries from the summer of '05. However, you can't add 32-bit drivers until
    you actually have a 64-bit printer. And you can't add the 64-bit printer
    until you have some sort of drivers. Catch-22.

    There's no "official" way that I know to work around this. That being said,
    if there are any generic drivers that will at least work moderately with the
    eStudio, you can choose them and then add in the matching 32-bit drivers. I
    don't know enough about the Toshiba to speculate on that. But most printers
    will do either PostScript or PCL, and if that's the case then selecting a
    reasonably similar driver for a different, PS or PCL, printer will work
    adequately.

    The other pretty far out option is to take a generic driver, edit the INF
    file for it to make it match up to the Toshiba, and then install the dummied
    up driver. Now you should be able to add the 32-bit version of the driver.
    At which point you just need to make it clear that only 32-bit clients
    should use it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2007