    adding memory over 4 gig help at all?

    thanks
    Jim

    Jim Helfer, Oct 7, 2008

  2. Honestly, there's no way I'd build a non-64bit server today. For one thing,
    this is the very last version of Windows Server that will be available in
    32-bit. So your upgrade path will be wipe and reload. And while the 360 will
    certainly support either 32-bit or 64-bit if you need to add >4GB of RAM,
    you're out of luck in 32-bit (assuming your running Standard Edition). But
    with 64-bit, just plug in some more FB-DIMMs and you're in business.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 7, 2008

  3. Jim Helfer

    Jim Helfer Guest

    Thanks, that was sort of what I was thinking too.

    Jim Helfer, Oct 7, 2008
  4. considering whether to go with 32- or 64-bit 2008.

    just make sure to have
    working 64-Bit drivers for all your printers/plotters!
    (Windows VistaSP1/2008 compatible)

    Thomas Scheidegger, Oct 7, 2008
  5. Hi,
    if the TIME you mentioned is based on the amount of data that has to be
    transferred from PC to printer/plotter
    i more would suggest to get the most used device by a pc "as close as" to
    that PC, if not connected to directly.
    it might be more the use of network bandwith than the OS or processor of the
    printerserver
    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Oct 8, 2008