    to update than ftp...

    Do adminstrators use ftp every day any more or not?

    inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com

    inventor1984, Dec 9, 2009

  2. inventor1984

    Dave Warren Guest

    In message
    <>
    They didn't. IE/Explorer includes FTP for graphic users, ftp.exe still
    exists for command line users.
    I'd guess that depends on what the aforementioned administrators are
    trying to accomplish.

    Dave Warren, Dec 9, 2009

  3. You can also map a remote site in Explorer and transfer files just like
    you would with any drive/directory.

    Dave \Crash\ Dummy, Dec 10, 2009
  4. inventor1984

    inventor1984 Guest

    ok thanks please give me the command in run

    for ftp.exe to upload index.html to .networksolutions.com not
    the read name but close

    thanks

    Greg

    inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com

    inventor1984, Dec 10, 2009
  5. Right click on "Computer" and select "Map network drive." At the bottom
    of the popup is an option to "Connect to a web site that you can use to
    store your documents and pictures." That will start the "Add network
    location wizard." Just read and follow the directions.

    Hint: If you want to access the remote site without logging in each time,
    include the username and password in the URL. For example,
    "ftp://username:p"

    Dave \Crash\ Dummy, Dec 21, 2009