    servers).

    Does anyone have any links to audio drivers that are proven to work on
    Win x64?

    teh.bolt, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2006

  3. teh.bolt

    John Barnes Guest

    Not without you telling us what sound card you are using. If it is on the
    motherboard, give the mobo make and model. Have you made sure you have the
    proper sound settings in your BIOS?

    John Barnes, Jan 14, 2006
  4. teh.bolt

    Guest Guest

    Realtek HAS working x64 drivers for ther mobo embedded audio chipsets.
    Please do as John Barnes is saying: give us details about your mobo.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jan 14, 2006
  5. teh.bolt

    teh.bolt Guest

    My mobo is a WinFast 760GXK8MB. IT can't be too old; DirectX 9.0 was on
    the install CD that came with it.

    Thanks for the link, but I tried those drivers and they're not working.
    ):

    teh.bolt, Jan 14, 2006
  6. teh.bolt

    Rick Guest

    You need to be more specific about your hardware and your problem. I
    have been using the RealTek 64-bit drivers for over 2 years now and have
    never encountered a problem!

    Rick, Jan 14, 2006
  7. teh.bolt

    John Barnes Guest

    This says it all.

    The ALC655 is a 16-bit, full-duplex AC'97 Rev. 2.3 compatible six-channel
    audio CODEC designed for PC multimedia systems, including host/soft audio
    and AMR/CNR-based designs.

    John Barnes, Jan 14, 2006
  8. teh.bolt

    Leo Guest

    Your mobo has an on-board audio which is controlled by the SiS 760GX
    chipset using the Realtek ALC655 codec, providing 6 channels.
    Download your drivers from here:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True
    <http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True>

    Leo, Jan 14, 2006
  9. teh.bolt

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jan 14, 2006
  10. teh.bolt

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Jan 14, 2006
  11. teh.bolt

    teh.bolt Guest

    Wow, you guys are crazy awesome. Thanks!

    Downloading the .zip now.

    teh.bolt, Jan 14, 2006
  12. teh.bolt

    Guest Guest

    Teh, John:
    You are both welcome!
    Carlos

    Guest, Jan 14, 2006
  13. teh.bolt

    teh.bolt Guest

    My problem is that whenever I download and install the RealTek drivers,
    they install correctly. Then, when I reboot and check the audio devices
    it gives me a "no devices" error.

    I tried the drivers that were on the motherboard site; they're not
    working. Thanks anyway.

    teh.bolt, Jan 17, 2006
  14. teh.bolt

    Lenard Lund Guest

    I had to forget the RealTek drivers and bought Creative X-Fi and
    downloaded their newest drivers.

    Lenard Lund, Jan 17, 2006
  15. teh.bolt

    John Barnes Guest

    Too bad you couldn't find one that worked on the older 16-bit audio system.
    The AC97 work fine on the newer 20-bit audio.

    John Barnes, Jan 17, 2006
  16. teh.bolt

    Guest Guest

    Carlos

    I don't suppose you know where I might find an x64 audio driver for my
    mx7525 gateway notebook. I beleive the sound chip is a realtec but not for
    sure only that the realtec driver if found installed ok but I have no sound I
    checked volume and mute and external speakers no go.

    Thanks

    Guest, Jan 23, 2006
  17. teh.bolt

    Rick Guest

    According to the Gateway support web site, your sound chip is Conexant
    Audio. So, I seriously doubt a RealTek driver will do any good.

    The first step is to contact Gateway. They should be your first source
    of hardware drivers.

    I think you can find more information about your sound by looking in the
    Windows Properties.

    You might also try places like www.PlanetAMD.com

    Rick, Jan 23, 2006
  18. teh.bolt

    Guest Guest

    I will suggest you download the hotfix pacage which has been released by
    microsoft.It is called KB901105.Try going to the device manager.If there is a
    ! symbol for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High-Definition Audio,you have to
    download the hotfix KB901105.

    Regards,Victor

    Guest, Jan 28, 2006
  19. teh.bolt

    Rick Guest

    The most important question is: What are your hardware specs? some of
    the vendors have their own drivers optimized for their specific hardware.

    So, give us some information about your system.

    Rick, Jan 28, 2006