** 6 MONTH CONTRACTS ** Software Developers - Telecommunications

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by PROCOM, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. PROCOM

    PROCOM Guest

    Title: Software Developers - Telecommunications

    Details:

    PROCOM Ottawa has a client who is seeking two (2) Software Developers
    for six (6) month contracts. As an experienced developer you will be
    working with our clients IP Engineering team. Our clients products are
    used by IP VPN service providers to help simplify the management of
    their growing IP VPN service base. The product is developed in C++,
    Java, XML technologies, BEA and J2EE. It is mostly UNIX based with a
    windows GUI and also incorporates third party products including Oracle
    and Corba. The product is used to configure network routing services
    such as MPLS VPN, IPSec and VLAN on CISCO, Juniper, and other network
    elements.

    Qualifications / Duties:

    * Work with customers, sales and product managers to identify
    requirements and proposed technical solutions
    * Implement the solutions using XML, XQuery, Java or other software
    technologies
    * Design test solutions before handing the software to Quality
    Assurance
    * Work with Cisco, Juniper and other IP routers to validate
    configuration managed by the product and solutions
    * Work with customers to resolve technical issues
    * Ideally seeking someone with 3-6 years of relevant software
    development experience with Object-oriented programming, Java
    development, Network router experience (CISCO or Juniper), C++ and
    UNIX development on large, distributed and highly reliable systems
    * Use of configuration management tools (versioning and problem
    tracking) and practices

    Assets:

    * Experience with Rational tools (clearcase)
    * Exposure to Oracle, Corba,
    * Network router experience (CISCO or Juniper)
    * Telecommunications experience
    * IP routing and VPN technologies (e.g., BGP, OSPF, RFC 2547bis)
    * Windows development, in particular MFC experience

    Contract Length: 6 months

    Location: Ottawa (Ontario, Canada)

    Start date: July 18, 2005

    Interviewing: ASAP

    Rate: Negotiable (commensurate with experience)

    Professional Computer Consultants Group Ltd. (Procom) is a privately
    owned Canadian Company established in 1978 to provide Information
    Technology (IT) Professional Services to Clients in both the Public
    and Private Sectors. With more than 1700 Technical Resources on staff
    Procom generates revenues in excess of $200 million annually. Procom
    provides end-to-end IT services and solutions to clients worldwide
    utilizing a highly individualized business model that combines its
    on-site and off-site operations. Procom, together with strategic
    alliances, has operations spanning 34 locations in 15 countries across
    4 continents - covering over 80% of the world IT market. Currently, it
    serves global markets through offices throughout North America. As a
    result of its market success Procom currently ranks as the 7th largest
    IT Professional Services Firm in Canada.

    We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all
    submissions will be assessed. However, only suitable candidates will
    be contacted further.

    Please submit your most recent resume to:

    Derek Weber
    Senior Technical Recruiter
    PROCOM

    300 March Rd., Suite 600
    Kanata, Ontario
    K2K 2E2

    Fax: (613) 270-9449
    Phone: (613) 270-9339 ext 231
    E-mail:

    Your resume will not be submitted to our clients without your full
    knowledge of the opportunity and consent.

    PROCOM, Jul 6, 2005