    Just want an opinion before I bring it to my engineers.

    Thanks,
    -JP

    Jeremy Patuto, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Jeremy  Patuto

    roahboah Guest

    Jeremy,
    what are your users going to be doing? Surfing, email, etc., or more
    data-dense business ops? I suppose it would all depend.
    What percentage of your users might be on concurrently? 50? 25? 75?
    thanks
    Russ

    roahboah, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Just surfing and email...

    I would guess at MOST (and I stress most) 200 at a time, but just
    surfing the internet and checking the internet, no data sensitive ops
    or streaming etc...

    -JP

    Jeremy Patuto, Jul 21, 2005
  4. Jeremy  Patuto

    roahboah Guest

    Okay, if 200 people were on at once and all trying to grab data, they'd
    be limited to roughly 30kb/s apiece, all things being equal. That's not
    too bad, and most people's experience would be a lot better than that
    as well, if 200 at a time would be the max. Let's put it this way -
    it's totally appropriate for work. If you're somewhat conversant with
    Cisco configuration (and I'm assuming you are since you posted this
    here), some sort of very basic queueing on your router should help to
    smooth everything out and prevent people from hogging the whole pipe.
    hope this helps,
    Russ

    roahboah, Jul 21, 2005
  5. At the Long Beach Convention Center, for the Long Beach Grand Prix, Verizon
    handles all the comm stuff and they setup for about 50 photographers a only
    couple DSL lines to share. For surfing it was OK, but the photographers
    upload photos. Lots of them, and at hi-res. The Verizon techs couldn't
    figure out why the lines were saturated until I explained to them the
    majority of the traffic was sending, not receiving!

    you know who maybe, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Thanks alot guys!

    -JP

    Jeremy Patuto, Jul 22, 2005