    director's cut?

    Thanks. (Danke)

    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Feb 10, 2004

  2. DVDfanatico

    Nic Guest

    I have seen the six hour version on UK TV. I prefer the DC. The only extra
    bits I remember were scenes involving more eating at the dinner table.

    Nic, Feb 10, 2004

  3. DVDfanatico

    john33907 Guest

    There is a jap laserdisc set, no subtitles or jap subs only not
    sure which.

    john33907, Feb 10, 2004
  4. DVDfanatico

    jayembee Guest

    Not likely. As far as I know, it's not even available in Germany. The
    director's cut that *is* available on DVD is the version that Peterson
    prefers and wants to be the definitive version.

    Haven't seen it, so I can't say.
    It's German dialogue, Japanese subtitles, no English. But it's not the
    full-length TV version. It's the original theatrical release version,
    but (a) unlike the original American LD releases, it was letterboxed,
    and (b) unlike the later American LD and DVD releases, it was
    letterboxed at 1.66:1 instead of 1.85:1.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Feb 10, 2004
  5. DVDfanatico

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    There was also a Japanese laserdisc of the 313-minute TV version:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3320020013&category=1
    8845

    Joshua Zyber, Feb 10, 2004
  6. DVDfanatico

    jayembee Guest

    jayembee, Feb 11, 2004
  7. DVDfanatico

    ML-78 Guest

    I heard there is a six hour version of Das Boot which was made in
    It's available on German VHS and can be ordered from amazon.de. No
    subtitles I assume.
    I don't doubt it's the definitive version of the movie versions, but has
    he ever said he prefers it to the original TV series?

    ML-78

    ML-78, Feb 11, 2004
  8. DVDfanatico

    jayembee Guest

    Yes, I believe he has.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Feb 11, 2004
  9. If you check carefully the listings for HBO and Showtime...they showed the
    version a few times during late 2003. It drags a little but that's life
    inside a submarine, huh?

    William Echevarria, Feb 12, 2004