    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, Oct 2, 2003

  2. ArtKramr

    Mark Weaver Guest

    No. Nor will two 5mp cameras of any particular brands you care to choose,
    nor even two 5MP models from the same manufacturer. You can't assume 5MP is
    5MP is 5MP -- the speed and quality of the lens matter, the size and quality
    of the sensor matter, the in-camera image processing algorithms matter, etc.
    In general, you'll find some tradeoff in price vs image quality and
    size/portability vs image quality.

    But the good news is that there are a variety of photo-review sites where
    you'll be able to find sample images from the cameras you're interested in
    and compare them.

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Oct 2, 2003

  3. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    Subject: Re: 5mp Kodak vs 5mp Canon
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

    Arthur Kramer

    ArtKramr, Oct 2, 2003
  4. ArtKramr

    FOR7b Guest

    But the good news is that there are a variety of photo-review sites where
    www.dpreview.com

    FOR7b, Oct 2, 2003
  5. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    Got it. Thank you.

    ArtKramr, Oct 2, 2003
  6. ArtKramr

    NJH Guest

    Arthur, another great site for really thorough digital camera reviews (and
    you'll find all the major makes and models there) is Steve's Digicams.

    http://steves-digicams.com/

    Nice shots of the B-26 Marauder (aka "Widowmaker"). I've always thought that
    was the sharpest looking bomber of that war, though I understand it had a
    terribly unforgiving nature as far as flying was concerned.

    Neil

    NJH, Oct 2, 2003
  7. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    Got me our 50 times and got me back 50 times. I can't ask for more than that.
    (grin)

    ArtKramr, Oct 3, 2003
  8. ArtKramr

    NJH Guest

    Oh! You yourself flew 50 missions in the B-26?!

    My hat's off to you.

    Neil

    NJH, Oct 3, 2003
  9. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    No. There were 5 other guys with me. (grin)

    ArtKramr, Oct 3, 2003
  10. ArtKramr

    NJH Guest

    <chuckle>

    Yes, I'm aware the B-26 isn't a single-seater. :)

    Don't forget to check out that site,

    http://steves-digicams.com/

    I believe his reviews are the most thorough you can find on the Internet.

    Neil

    NJH, Oct 3, 2003
  11. ArtKramr

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (ArtKramr) wrote in m05.aol.com:

    Just curious, how old were in you in WWII? You still look pretty young in
    the photo "Me and Paul" : )

    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/MeandPaul.htm

    Lucas Tam, Oct 3, 2003
  12. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    I volunteered for the Army Air Corps Cadet program while still in High School
    and entered acitve duty as an Air Cadet the day I was 18 years old.
    I had flown 50 missions over Germany and the war ended before I was 21. I
    always looked younger than my age. Check my website and read " I don't get no
    respect" for the full story of what it is like to be a baby faced 18 year old
    officer in a combat unit during WW II.. (grin)

    ArtKramr, Oct 3, 2003