    - Bobb - Guest

  2. - Bobb -

    Paul Drahn Guest

    Paul Drahn, Jan 2, 2012

  3. - Bobb -

    meagain Guest

    One of the first commercial drum drives had two HUGE
    "FasTran" (?) disks about four feet long and a foot in diameter!

    meagain, Jan 3, 2012
  4. - Bobb -

    Paul Drahn Guest

    when I first got involved with the Burroughs medium system hardware,
    about 1976-77, they used head-per-track drum memory. There was no
    seek-time, but was sure slow. Later we also got a second, faster
    head-per-track drum, but it had, I think, 16 heads positioned around
    each track. That was as fast as the ram memory access.

    Paul

    Paul Drahn, Jan 3, 2012