    i was wondering how you gyus use your equipment , i know alot of guys
    shoot strictly p mode i wuold love to hear your experiences,

    thanks

    picture taker, Apr 21, 2006

  2. picture taker

    Backbone Guest

    Inline

    For me it depends on the shoot! Why not try a little experimentation of your
    own, come up with your own personal techniques. This way you attain your own
    personal style rather than copping someone else's techniques
    Never heard of such a thing - try using 3 strobes to eliminate shadows!
    For what reason?
    I use (P) mostly for fast action shots and (M) for portraits i.e. I can take
    the time to setup the shot.

    Backbone, Apr 21, 2006

  3. I built my own bracket from an old potato masher Sunpak and some PVC
    pipe. I like it better than any of the commercial brackets I have seen. I
    like the option of quickly removing the flash for hand hold.

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Mmmm...single light weddings.

    Randall Ainsworth, Apr 21, 2006
  5. backbone wrote
    i have used manual (20d 24-70 2.8l, 16-35 2.8l ) on the speedlight and
    the camera checking the histogram powering up the flash or lowering it
    adjusting the shutter speed ,aperture etc ive been pretty good at it .

    i should have wrote in my post that i shoot in manual with the shutter
    speed 125 /iso 100 adjust the aperture and flash power as needed .
    i also shot raw because easier to edit if i need to make some
    significant changes in exposure etc .

    could you elaborate please, small speedlight strobes ?.

    picture taker, Apr 22, 2006
  6. Mmmm...single light weddings >
    what would you do ?
    please do respond your technicque if you would .
    thanks.
    photographyguy

    picture taker, Apr 22, 2006
  7. what would you do ?
    please do respond your technicque if you would .
    thanks.
    photographyguy[/QUOTE]

    What I used to do was have one light about 45-degrees off-axis and
    another right next to the camera (on the same side as the main light)
    about a stop less than the other. One light is for amateurs. Used a
    Norman 200B for many years before switching to AC-powered strobes.

    Randall Ainsworth, Apr 22, 2006
  8. picture taker

    Backbone Guest

    I like 200 iso myself and I use jpg when shooting!

    I carry around a white card i.e. there is no need for raw shooting if you
    can set WB for the shoot
    YES, a 580ex speed light is considered a strobe!

    Also check out for additional help

    Backbone, Apr 23, 2006
  9. I shot hundreds of weddings for 20+ years and ASA 100 worked just fine.
    If I were doing them today digitally, it would still be 100 and RAW.
    No need for messing with white cards and color balance settings if you
    shoot RAW.

    Randall Ainsworth, Apr 23, 2006
  10. picture taker

    Backbone Guest

    That's right! Also gives the user the ability to fine tune the images as
    well as it being a negative of the original shot! My reason for using jpg is
    because I use 1gig cf cards i.e. gives me about twice as many shots in jpg
    as opposed to raw!

    Backbone, Apr 23, 2006
  11. A wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event. It needs to be done properly
    because you only have one chance. Using 1GB cards with a 6-8MP camera
    - two cards should be plenty. If you're shooting more than that, you
    need to more discriminating.

    Randall Ainsworth, Apr 23, 2006