5350 can't use G711 payload type for fax pass-through??

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Greg, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to configure a Cisco 5350 with 12.3 software for fax
    pass-through (bypass?) mode. I use this command:

    fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw

    On my Excel gateway, when I switch to fax bypass mode, it switches to
    G.711 uLaw and uses the standard payload type for G.711u, but Cisco
    uses PT=96.

    Is there another mode where the 5350 will not use a PT in the dynamic
    96-127 range for fax bypass/pass-through, still switching to G711u/A
    but using that codec's PT?

    I have worked with 3 different vendor products other than Cisco, and
    when they switch to bypass, they use the G711 PT. This is the first
    time I have seen a dynamic PT used for this feature. Usually, I see it
    used for RFC 2833 digits or RFC 2198 RTP redundancy only.

    Thanks,

    Greg

    Greg, Apr 4, 2005

  2. :I am trying to configure a Cisco 5350 with 12.3 software for fax
    :pass-through (bypass?) mode. I use this command:

    Possibly a Cisco 3550 instead?

    Walter Roberson, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Not a 3550, but not a 5350 either. It's a 5300 with 12.3(13) loaded.

    "IOS (tm) 5300 Software (C5300-IS-M), Version 12.3(13), RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc2)"

    So the question remains...

    Is there another mode where the 5300 will not use a PT in the dynamic
    96-127 range for fax bypass/pass-through, still switching to G711u/A
    but using that codec's PT?

    Thanks!

    Greg, Apr 5, 2005