    Likes Received:
    0
    Ha! If it ever gets built and mass marketed. I just have sketches, 3D renders and the idea down on paper for this thing. It'd definatly be a heck of a case if I could get it built. I need to find a case manufacturer that'd take the chance on using this idea but I'm afraid to let the idea out because someone would definately steal it and claim it was theirs.

    The Modfather, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Technoholic

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    patent it.... then they cant steal the idea.

    Gez, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer but that cost tons... and u can only hold it for a certain time

    unholy, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Exactly, I can't afford to patent it. I have mailed copies of the idea with sketches and so forth to myself and they're in a lockbox with my lawyer, just in case, but I don't want to take chances. If I can ever get a prototype built it'd be a big help but I'd need someone who can do metalwork to help with that part.

    The Modfather, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i can help with a prototype :) but i am making my own cabled design simalair to the one like on that Desk that was made for computers and i mean made. (case made for it too) :p

    rails that hide cabling and increase case strengthgaps per drive bay, and all sourced from psu. It would be good to have a fully designed system but this is just for my lan case :)

    unholy, Jan 7, 2006
  6. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well you'd need to be able to weld aluminum and I doubt you can do that, that requires a long time and lots of practice. There are very few quality aluminum welders around. Plus you'd need a waterjet, which I don't think you've got. I really need someone who has a place to fabricate metalwork.

    You're too obsessed with this idea that you need all this structural support, it's not like you're building a bridge here, it's a PC enclosure, it doesn't need that much structural support ya know.

    The Modfather, Jan 8, 2006
  7. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer but better to be stronger then weaker :p

    ps i gave the welding idea pft. Because it always makes a mess of the edges.

    I am going to use Stripes of metal and Pop Rivit them after they have been bent to the same angles need for the frame :)

    3 per corner :)

    instead of railes for wires, all wires are basicly not even used so most can hide behind the Motherboard tray and or use the support Rail to Hide.

    no stealing my idea now modfather :p, plus it doesn't have to be aluminum, it can be steel. U dont need a water jet to cut it, a good old circular saw can do it :)

    unholy, Jan 9, 2006
  8. Technoholic

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That's great!

    I know X-connect has lost it's appeal after fairing poorly in many PSU comparisons. It fails with good reason - all hype and nothing to back it up. There are so many cheap PSU's out there trying to get your money but they vanish when the product craps out. I've owned many different PSU's over the past five years, and I've found that you need to stay with name-brands. Read the reviews, and you'll soon find that it's the name-brands that get picked as top contenders. I'm talking about Antec, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling, etc.

    The rest soon become.....:trash:

    bigal, Jan 9, 2006
  9. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Agreed Al, that's very true... I, as y'all know, have the PCP&C 1kw PSU in the Chopper, in the Necro we've got an Antec and the Sony has whatever Sony threw in there, I dunno, I've actually never popped open the case. :) But if you get a no name or lesser known PSU you're risking too much, that power is your life blood.

    Unholy, no man, I ain't doing anything like what you described, NO wires in this are hidden behind a mobo tray, there's no need, they're, well, elsewhere. :)

    The Modfather, Jan 9, 2006
  10. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    ooo modfather has a good idea :p let me finish my case and i will see if i can make ur prototype :)

    Some random PSU's are good but soo fade, as al said. Then theres the ones that seem to be alright. But i reckon you stick to one brand name a good brand name. I wouldn't buy an Antec though. i have always had problems with their quality.. always seem to bog up. Fans dead here, Plugs off wire, and the worst, the Wires come out of the unit :| Their case cases are pretty crappy. But i would have to say PCP&C is good and OCZ (the powerstream).

    unholy, Jan 9, 2006
  11. Technoholic

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey mod, my neighbor is a Blacksmith, hes got a forge in the back of his grage. You could ask him...

    Gez, Jan 9, 2006
  12. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol we dont even know where u live :|

    unholy, Jan 10, 2006
  13. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    That plus, I don't need any horseshoes and I've got enough swords. What would a blacksmith do for me? :)

    The Modfather, Jan 10, 2006