    want to be heard and make potential sales, you have to stand out from
    the crowd, and in this jewel of an article, I'll show you Five(5)
    Knock 'em Dead Ways to Do Just That!:

    #1 - Get your CD into the right hands. The intern that's too busy to
    getting coffee or typing up a report for the station manager isn't
    going to be the one making the airplay decision. So find out who the
    head honcho is in that department and touch base with them. If the
    club you're playing at charges an admission or you have a show coming
    up offer to send the stations tickets to give away to listeners. Now
    keep in mind you can't give the tickets to the staff, since that's
    illegal and called payola, but you can offer free giveaway items to
    your potential audience.

    #2 - If you've got one station in your pocket, then drop names. Let
    them know that WABC is playing your music and it's getting a great
    response.

    #3 - Make genuine friends in the business. If you've got a disc jockey
    that's got you in rotation and really likes your sound, get to know
    them. Find out why they enjoy it and see if they've gotten any
    & A their callers about your music so you get a feel for your target
    audience. It's not a bad idea to ask them for a testimonial or quote
    if they're well known in your area if

    http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Entertainment/20060925/13992.html

    apollo66942, Dec 28, 2007