4GB Ram not showing missing on Vista 64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Spilt_Milk, Jan 10, 2008.

  1. Spilt_Milk

    Spilt_Milk Guest

    For Windows Vista to use all 4 GB of memory on a computer that has 4 GB of
    memory installed, the computer must meet the following requirements: • The
    chipset must support at least 8 GB of address space. Chipsets that have this
    capability include the following:
    • Chipsets that support AMD processors that use socket F, socket 940, socket
    939, or socket AM2. These chipsets include any AMD socket and CPU combination
    in which the memory controller resides in the CPU.

    I have a AMD 2222SE Dual-Core @ 3Ghz

    • The CPU must support the x64 instruction set. The AMD64 CPU and the Intel
    EM64T CPU support this instruction set.

    This is a AMD 64 CPU

    • The BIOS must support the memory remapping feature. The memory remapping
    feature allows for the segment of system memory that was previously
    overwritten by the Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) configuration
    space to be remapped above the 4 GB address line. This feature must be
    enabled in the BIOS configuration utility on the computer. View your computer
    product documentation for instructions that explain how to enable this
    feature. Many consumer-oriented computers may not support the memory
    remapping feature. No standard terminology is used in documentation or in
    BIOS configuration utilities for this feature. Therefore, you may have to
    read the descriptions of the various BIOS configuration settings that are
    available to determine whether any of the settings enable the memory
    remapping feature.

    Have latest BIOS from SupermMicro
    Memory Hole Remapping Enabled

    • An x64 (64-bit) version of Windows Vista must be used.

    I have Vista 64 Bit Ultimate

    Conclusion:
    The OS's system properties always says 3.071 GB of RAM when 4 GB is on the
    board or when there is 2GB of ram on the board it says only 1.024 GB of RAM

    From previous installs of Vista 64 Ive seen with my own eyes the system say
    there is 4 GB ram installed and on a sidebar gadget seen the gadget display a
    total of 4028 MB of ram But now says 3071. Whats happening to my computer
    after the fresh install shouldnt it say 4 GB on system properties or 4028 MB
    on the sidebar gadget. I hate this computer. This is the first issue and
    until I fix this issue I'll wait on the next problem

    Spilt_Milk, Jan 10, 2008

  2. Spilt_Milk

    Tuna Guest

    did you control your motherboard for a movemnet of ram?

    Tuna, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Spilt_Milk

    miso Guest

    Just an FYI, my socket 939 (nforce4) mobo only handles 4Gbytes. It
    does use the full 4GBytes of memory, but there is nothing in the
    documentation that indicates it can use 8Gbytes.

    miso, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Say again?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 11, 2008