    I hope that if similar potential conflict happens in NZ, we'll get it
    sorted out long before it gets to this stage.

    http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...-disrupts-plane-safety-gear-in-u-s-tests.html

    Me, Dec 15, 2011

  2. Me

    JohnO Guest

    Interfering with GPS is a safety issue as well as a commercial one so
    I'd say they are in the shit.

    JohnO, Dec 16, 2011

  3. Me

    Gordon Guest

    So 4G is the weapon of choice for messing up GPS?

    Gordon, Dec 16, 2011
  4. Me

    Richard Guest

    If they are in their allocated band and it was just cheapness of the GPS
    vendors in filtering then its no different to the old days when mobile
    phones would mess up TV reception because of cheap recievers.

    Not the LTE guys problem unless they go outside their allocated
    frequency band

    Richard, Dec 17, 2011
  5. Me

    JohnO Guest

    You can buy more effective GPS jammers off the web for less than the
    price of any 4g LTE device.

    JohnO, Dec 17, 2011
  6. Me

    Greg Guest

    What most people don't appreciate is the level of GPS signals, remember
    the signals are coming from satellites many thousands of KM's above the
    earth, by the time they get to your GPS receivers the signal is barely
    above background noise, so it won't take much interference from a 4G
    network to disrupt them, in this case it's not the actual cell signal,
    but the harmonics that overlap on the GPS bands

    Greg, Dec 17, 2011
  7. Me

    Richard Guest

    Really? What I read ages back was that it was just that the band was
    adjacent to the GPS band and they had lousy filtering in the chips, not
    a problem with the transmission having harmonics

    Richard, Dec 17, 2011
  8. Me

    victor Guest

    victor, Dec 17, 2011