    26, i've tried changing the POP3 server and SMTP server addresses, and that
    only made things WORSE.

    Anyone?

    mistuh, Apr 30, 2005

  2. mistuh

    Evan Platt Guest

    Disable outbound e-mail scanning. What's the point anyway?

    Evan Platt, Apr 30, 2005

  3. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    Yes, i've done that....it's the only "solution" i can come up with, too.
    Thanks.

    mistuh, Apr 30, 2005
  4. mistuh

    Evan Platt Guest

    There's no real sense in enabling it anyway. I mean if someone doesn't
    scan incoming mail, they deserve what they get. And if you send an
    e-mail, your virus scanner MAY add a line "Outgoing e-mail checked for
    virus and found clean" or something. Uhhh yeah, like that makes me
    feel safer. I've received a few spam virii with that in the body, and
    a .SCR attachment. Something with Brittany Spears nude or something.

    Evan Platt, May 1, 2005
  5. mistuh

    Plato Guest

    Disable email scanning, its NOT needed and creates problems just like
    yours. More info:
    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/221.htm#1

    Plato, May 1, 2005