4506 / supIV and CiscoView

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by donovan, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. donovan

    donovan Guest

    I have recently put in many Catalyst 4506's with supIV's (running
    native IOS) in our floor wiring closets.

    In order to make my life easier i would like to give the help-desk the
    ability to change vlan's on the switch ports.

    I have granted them access to CiscoView (within CiscoWorks) using
    tacacs (to control what they can do) as i would prefer them to do it
    "point-and-click" style, rather than use a telnet session.

    unfortunatley CiscoView for the 4506 does not seem to give me the
    option to change the vlan's. I have also tried to enable the local
    http server and don't get the option there either.

    now, i think that it may have something to do with running native IOS
    and not CatOS, but i don't want to return and change them all to
    CatOS.

    any help is appreciated.

    donovan, Jan 16, 2004